Trooper Killed

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Took me a while to post still extremely pissed off....:angry:

Funeral ceremonies for the Florida Highway Patrol trooper killed in a fiery crash in Miami-Dade County have been scheduled for this weekend, FHP announced Wednesday.

A wake for Trooper Patrick Ambroise, 35, will be from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at Tabernacle Seventh-day Adventist Church, at 8017 NE Second Ave., Miami.

His funeral will start at 11 a.m. Sunday at Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach. The length of the ceremony wasn't provided, but when it ends, Ambroise's body will be taken for burial to Dade Memorial Park Cemetery, 1301 Opa Locka Blvd., Miami.

Ambroise was in a crash Saturday evening near the Okeechobee Road exit on Florida's Turnpike interchange in western Miami-Dade County.

He was in his parked 2006 Ford Crown Victoria when a Lexus veered from the northbound lane onto the shoulder and struck the rear of Ambroise's cruiser, FHP said. Ambroise was trapped in his vehicle as it burst into flames, FHP said.

FHP on Wednesday also said it has obtained toxicology results for the Lexus' driver — Jonathan Robert Garcia, 19, of Miramar.

An exam of his blood and urine showed no signs of drugs or alcohol, FHP said. No charges have been filed. The crash remains under investigation.

Ambroise, who began his career with the agency on Jan. 12, 2006, is survived by his wife Roberta, and two daughters, ages 3 months and 5 years old, FHP said.

Patrick Ambroise: Ceremonies for FHP trooper killed in wreck set for weekend - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

This was one of the nicest troopers you could have met down here. If you got a ticket from this guy it's one you desperately deserved. He gave everyone a second chance, he caught you driving around without a valid DL he had to of course not let you keep driving, but rather than haul you to jail an impound your ride he'd call us to tow it your home if you could pay for the towing an give you the citation. You fix your DL by the time court date came case dismissed... He just wanted you driving or riding legit. He never copped an attitude, never talked down to anyone he pulled over even when he knew they were full of bull.

We were working an accident scene not more than hour before he was trapped in his car burned alive, he was debating on whether or not to take the driver of that incident to jail because he was not only speeding an reckless, but also driving with a suspended license. The passenger was ejected out of that s-10 pickup truck through the rear window, an had to be airlifted. the driver of the vehicle was concerned only with his personal property in the truck. Says a lot about what kinda person the driver that vehicle was an he ended up taking him in, he probably ran that guy in an came back to finish the paper work on the previous accident when he got hit. :banghead:

It's still under investigation tox results came back clean so I won't comment on some other information that is pretty disturbing about the whole accident.

My prayers go out to his family two young daughters who will only know there father by pictures an what their mother shares with them.. Sorry for the ranting still angry

Prayers go out bro, very sorry for this family. Rest in Peace Trooper.

prayers sent for him and his family. Seems like it's always the good ones that something bad happens to. Hope the investigation will include the cause of the car bursting into flames as well. Several years ago several troopers and some police vehicles were found to have the fuel tanks mounted in a position that left them vunerable to puncture when hit from the side or behind. I think I saw it on 60 minutes
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like you knew him well. My dad retired from the Police Department here in the City I was born and raised in. He too was "that" kind of officer. A stern talking to was about the worst you got from him. He was well respected and known for always being fair and honest. He passed away 8 years ago and people still tell me how much they liked my dad and how fair they were treated when they made a mistake back then. It sound's like he will be missed but people like you and the others that knew him will carry his memory on forever. Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack but felt the urge to share. I miss my dad.......

Yes Manny I saw that and was talking to Trooper who lives a few doors down from me.
He said same thing. One of the nicest.

Heartfelt prayers go out to his family and to his comrades who have lost one of the best.

R.I.P.

People need to pay attention when they're driving. I bet the guy was texting or something.

R.I.P.

People need to pay attention when they're driving. I bet the guy was texting or something.

It has been proven that folks driving down the hgwy at night sometimes concentrate and drive right into the lights.
Not sure if they were on but it happens. Folks see the lights and drive right into them.

They are thinking he fell asleep ..... How someone can fall asleep behind the wheel at 8:30 pm is a little hard to swallow. The car crossed not one but two lanes to hit him... Turnpike has 3 travel lanes going north in that part an then there is another travel lane to the right of that is the entrance ramp that lets traffic accelerate to merge into the other travel lanes, this merging lane is about 1 mile long, then there is the emergency lane, an then there is grass.. the trooper appears to have been in the grass :angry:

The time I dont think has much to do with it. Driver could have been coming home from a 24 hour shift or a long work week or just simply tired from being up since 4am.
Folks are having to push themselves harder these days to get by. The motion of the car puts people to sleep. Havent you ever put one of your kids in a car and drove around to make em go to sleep ?
This is one of those things we as humans are not supposed to understand.
It is all in Gods plans.

prayers for this fair public servent...shame on the driver

Back