MD Trooper strikes again

black07busa

Registered
Just got a ticket in an 2010 Corolla. I was going to grab some breakfast and changed my mind. Decided it would be quicker for me to get off Powdermill Road West and head onto the 95 South bound ramp and get right back of on the exit ramp to Powdermill Road West. I was following a car that wanted to merge onto the traffic on 95 South, he began to and got cut off. Since I was not getting onto 95 I was going straight, and the last second I move to the right to avoid the car that was cut off, 2 of the wheels cross the line on the shoulder. Of course I did not see the trooper on 95. As soon as I get off the trooper was behind me and of course he pulled me over. I believe ho thought I got of of 95 and went around the car, not sure, but he felt as though I was being reckless, and that I was speeding. Acoording to him he gave me a break, but I don't believe he really saw what happened. :duh:

Man....well if its ANY consolation not ALL the Brown clowns in MD are bad peeps...I know a whole bunch that ride bikes:laugh: and they're pretty cool. In fact our road capt IS a MD Trooper..maybe you got a cranky one...anywho hope it wasnt too painfull

using the shoulder to pass on the right is illegal almost everywhere...

I think he cut you a break... Technically you probably should have just been a bit more patient..

I am guessing you had most of the car on the shoulder if he got cut off trying enter the traffic lane and had to abort..

Actually, I wasn't trying to pass him. He was merging onto 95s into traffic that was at a crawl, as he got cut off he hit the brakes with half of his car on 95 and the back half on the on ramp. I simply moved to the right trying to avoid him.

Man....well if its ANY consolation not ALL the Brown clowns in MD are bad peeps...I know a whole bunch that ride bikes:laugh: and they're pretty cool. In fact our road capt IS a MD Trooper..maybe you got a cranky one...anywho hope it wasnt too painfull

I agree, some are cool, I just think some draw incorrect conclusions from prior experiance.

To be completely fair, you should have been following at a distance and you wouldn't have had to make that last minute move. Trust me, I drive the same way you do, and it ticks me off when people make stupid moves...but I have to stop and tell myself, if I wasn't riding their bumper, I wouldn't be inconvenienced. :beerchug:

Perception is everything~!~

I was in an accident years ago where an older fella was in the right lane and I was in the left. He put on his right signal to turn into a store (on the right side) then at the last minute and without warning he whipped across both lanes to turn left and my truck hit him in the door and spun him around.

A witness in a vehicle beside the road thought we were both in the left lane and that I attempted to go around him on the left side when he turned...

Luckily, this witnesses husband also saw the entire thing (he was driving the vehicle) and is also an off duty Police officer and his story matched mine to the T.

Just funny how two people from the same angle in the same vehicle saw two entirely different events take place~!~

Needless to say the fault was easy to show after looking at the marks and placement of the vehicles, but I felt sorry for the fella, he was about 70 years old...

And the cops wife figured out she needs glasses~!~ :laugh:

Last edited:
Perception is everything~!~

I was in an accident years ago where an older fella was in the right lane and I was in the left. He put on his right signal to turn into a store (on the right side) then at the last minute and without warning he whipped across both lanes to turn left and my truck hit him in the door and spun him around.

A witness in a vehicle beside the road thought we were both in the left lane and that I attempted to go around him on the left side when he turned...

Luckily, this witnesses husband also saw the entire thing (he was driving the vehicle) and is also an off duty Police officer and his story matched mine to the T.

Just funny how two people from the same angle in the same vehicle saw two entirely different events take place~!~

Needless to say the fault was easy to show after looking at the marks and placement of the vehicles, but I felt sorry for the fella, he was about 70 years old...

And the cops wife figured out she needs glasses~!~ :laugh:

This is true. I was side swiped by a drunk driver in a pickup truck. When the officer came to the sceen some people at the bus stop said I was trying to race the truck, because they heard me racing my engine. What really happened was the truck driver was so drunk that he was driving in 1st or 2nd gear and was redlining the engine as he was doing 30-40mph. Then he decide to switch lanes and tore up my front fender. The officer did'nt notice all the empty beer bottles in the truck, but I did. If I did not see the beer bottles in the truck I may have never caught it. Turned out the driver had no insurance or liscence.

East Coast Busa? I here a lot of those guys are Law enforcement.

Hey hey hey Lycan, what's up with Brown Clown comment :laugh: I resent that :laugh:. I know that area well and even I try to avoid it during rush hours. Sorry to hear about your stop, hopefully you only got a warning.......dang state troopers :whistle:

Hey hey hey Lycan, what's up with Brown Clown comment :laugh: I resent that :laugh:. I know that area well and even I try to avoid it during rush hours. Sorry to hear about your stop, hopefully you only got a warning.......dang state troopers :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I kNEW you'd be on here when the state trooper thread showed up :rofl::rofl:

Back