Nabbed by a FL Trooper...

It's easy to take this approach but you have to look at the big picture of things. There is a balance that must be maintained.

For instance you say the radar gun accomplishes nothing and I'm sure many agree as they don't like tickets. You say you would rather a cop be working your neighborhood hammering people than working a busy street. Many times that busy street they work is someone else's neighborhood.

As for drug houses, yes cops know where they are. On the flip side of this cops also know what the US Constitution says about search and seizure. Cops would love nothing more than to bust these drug houses but to do so a case must be built and probable cause must be established. There is a big area between knowing and proving. Only when people are willing to give up more of their civil rights will an officer be allowed to go kick in the door without building a solid case. Are you willing to trade your fourth ammendmenet right that says you have the right to be secure in your person, your home, your papers and your effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures? Are you willing to allow cops to barge into your home because a neighbor called in a hot tip after seeing a bunch of cars at your house or search you for no apparant reason or tap your phone based on a whim?

Now comes the highway patrol. Are you willing to remove all speed limits? This would mean that you and your family when travelling on the highway, or you on your busa would be amongst trucks weighing 80,000 lbs driving as fast as they wish. Or better yet that 16 year old that has had his license for only two months passing you at 100mph plus. How about when your 17 year old daughter goes on a date, do you really want that kid to be able to get your daughter to the prom, or movies, or dinner that much faster? I agree if everyone could legally drive 90 or 100 or faster we would get there quicker, or maybe not get there at all.

Point I'm making is everything comes at a price, rules are in place for reasons. I agree some cops are worthless and some areas only enforced for revenue but at the same time we know the rules and know if we don't follow the rules there are punishments that are imposed when we are caught. I'm not saying it's not a flawless system but I don't know of one that is any better when it comes to balancing all that is involved.

Well my post above addresses what am I saying:
"Bear in mind I'm NOT advocating wanton chaos on our nations highways..."
etc., the difference is when wreckless is added to speed.

My "busy street" is nothing but businesses and they weren't patroling to
deter crime, they were sitting there nailing people going to work trying to
make a living, for doing 10 over.

I understand "legally" the police can not break in a door etc..
but they can park on that corner can't they and make life real difficult
for the dealer. You guys need to watch "The Shield" more....j/k :laugh:

You guys really want to fight crime, the balancing act needs to go in the toilet
and bleeding hearts need to sit down and shut up and Police need
to have their hands untied. Criminals and their slimball attornies twist the
constitution and beat us over the head with it.
(And they are going to get me for $1000 cause my license plate is vertical)

Our legal system is goofy...we spend 10 million dollars on a trial for the
unibomber and put him on sucide watch while we seek the death penalty :banghead:
Whhhatt ???

I think there should be two things in every cell as standard equiptment:
A rope from the ceiling...saves us the cost of support and maybe a trial
and an electrically charged button on the wall with a pan of water on the
floor that says do not push. If your to stupid not to push the button....well,
the gene pool could use a little chlorine. :thumbsup:

Must be the German in me comming out :beerchug:

I like your argument but you have to admit that it is extreme. Who is going to abolish all speed limits? The Germans have very specific and strict limits in areas that warrant it. That fact along with a superior driver's training system and discipline standard keeps things in check. Also, the example of 80,000lb vehicles speeding at the max is not likely either because of fuel economy concerns as well as speed limitations on them due to size.

Keeping it real, you have to admit that law enforcement agencies and their corresponding municipalities petition for artificially low speed limits in order to continue reaping profits from otherwise harmless drivers. This is to fund the payroll and equipment funds of said agencies.

I was merely showing the extreme side and trying to show that balance was needed. The example on 80,000lb vehicles is very realistic. I drove one for six years before getting into law enforcement, many trucks are restricted but many are not. I had several trucks that could break 100mph grossed out at 80,000lbs.

I will agree that there are law enforcement agencies that do enforcement only for the purpose of revenue. Although most are not this way it does occur, I'm not employed by one of them and disagree with those that are this way.

I had several trucks that could break 100mph grossed out at 80,000lbs.

FTR, having worked for Michelin N. America on the commercial side, OTR tires have a typical speed rating of 65-70. If you run an 80,000 lb semi at 100 mph then your tires will eventually fail and so will your life.

FTR, having worked for Michelin N. America on the commercial side, OTR tires have a typical speed rating of 65-70. If you run an 80,000 lb semi at 100 mph then your tires will eventually fail and so will your life.

I agree completely, I didn't say I condoned it, just clarifying that there are trucks on the road that can do it.

Ohhhh gawsh... The cop knows you weren't going 150+ heck at that speed you would know it and everyone else, geeesh... He just made an assumption or judgement based on the fact that you were on a SS bike... If I had a busa hidden underneath my pearl white 93 goldwing bodywork and got pulled over the cops would say I was doing 85mph in a 75mph zone, LoL... 10 over... We're all stereotyped by what we ride and it suks...

As for abolishing all speed limits, LMAO... Come on no one reeeely said that. However modern cars and trucks are a helluva alot better technology than my dads 1972 chebbie pickup but speed limits haven't been adjusted to accomodate new technology. Speed limits as they are set are just money making signs... No one drives 55 or 65mph on our freeways here unless there's cops around and as soon as the Po Po leaves everyone zooms back up to a comfortable 75mph... Heh... Dangerous, nahhh not anymore dangerous than falling down the stairs in the morning and having severe azz pain... 15mph over the speed limit isn't causing the accidents, its the untrained drivers that are still taught "1970" techniques on driving, LoL... Ohhh cell phones tooo, LoL

I was speeding the other day with lil babaies everywhere, it was terrifying... LoL...

As for Radar, My new xmas present the adaptiv saved my azz yesterday... I had a cop tail me for about 8 to 10 miles? Slowest day of my life but that one lil flash made me look and he was flying up on my azz... He tailed me as oncoming cars were easily doing 25mph over the posted speed limit but he was bound and determined as Barney Fife with a One Bullet Gun to chase me, LoL...

100_1883.jpg

MineGixFrnt.jpg

I see from the infraction you are up for the 1000.00 extra bonus round added on top of the large speeding fine... legal rep may be a good idea... I don't think they really need any proof he can say any speed he wants doesn't need to show the radar gun either from what an LEO member posted up here.. I think as long as he has the calibration cert letter for his equipment your toast.. A friend got charged with 170 on his stock 1984 750gsxr, left the court room with out his DL for 6 months an was a 1600 fine + court cost to go with it. And we all know if actually even saw a radar gun you know those #'s ain't real.

Man, I know guys that have been locked up and had their ride impounded for much less than that. Luck appears to be on your side despite being pulled over.

Damn Keith sorry to hear that bro, I would take the lawyer and yeah, question the validity of the capture on the speed gun...good luck to you my friend hope all works out well.

Damn Keith sorry to hear that bro, I would take the lawyer and yeah, question the validity of the capture on the speed gun...good luck to you my friend hope all works out well.

Thanks, Angel. If my license becomes suspect in this I might sell the beast as I won't be able to even ride it. Then return to the game at a later date.

Back