MY YOSHI SLIP ONS SOUND REAL SOFT?

TAZEONE

Registered
They sounded pretty raw? wtf is with my pipes?
i have Carbon Dual Yoshimura RS-3 slip ons and tonite I saw some dude with RS-3 slip ons on his BUSA and they sounded real loud?

any suggestions to make them sound more true to what the lies beneath this beast?

should I switch this to Akrapovic?

take the cans apart and take out the baffle.

should have never bought the slip ons to start with. but Yosh does make two slip ons
one street and one race ( yeah race right ) Hahahahahaha

Yea yosh makes Zyclone & Race slipons race sounds louder.

Also, chances are yours are brand new right? His are prolly older and need re-packed. Give it a few months and your should pick up some DB's. But it may not be a Zyclone VS Race, just worn out packing VS New Packing.

Yeah, you shoulda got some Akro's Bro, mine added at least 10 HP...
wink.gif
Nah, maybe 2 with a tail wind, but the sound and lack of hassle is awesome, no PC needed no other BS... Didn't give my dealer a bunch of new ammo for not honoring warranty etc...

Ya a couple of my friends have the Zyclones(sounds like crap real quite and raspy) I have the race full system and there is a big difference.

HOLD UP, REV, YOU GOT 10HP FROM AKRO SLIP ONS?

and I have RS-3 Slip Ons, I don't know if they are RACE or not because they came on the bike.
I JUST WANT MINE TO SOUND LIKE A RABID ANIMAL!

HOLD UP, REV, YOU GOT 10HP FROM AKRO SLIP ONS?

and I have RS-3 Slip Ons, I don't know if they are RACE or not because they came on the bike.
I JUST WANT MINE TO SOUND LIKE A RABID ANIMAL!
WHOA WHOA WHOA... Before someone misunderstands look carefully at my post again... Negative, NO significant HP Gain. I am thinking it added a couple (2) maybe... cause it does "Feel" different, a little rowdier but it could very well just be that it "sounds" so schweet...

Let me re-iterate 2 HP (MAYBE) The Busa's exhaust is all plugged up way before it gets to the Exhaust pipes... Them Mid-pipes have to be a bottleneck for sure so don't expect ANY bolt on to provide any real power. Might have lost 8-10LBS but that's about it...

Sounds like you need a pair of D&D bolt on's (LOUD) or a Full System... Ask Bulletrain how he like his sound?

I don't think D & D makes a carbon can,
but does your Akro have a dual slip or is it a 1 can slip on?
or are you running full sys?

BT has Hindle I think, Rev. But anyhoo D&D anything is loud, you are correct.

And from my experience Yosh Zyclone cans are way quiet and a waste of money, go "race" and if they are not loud enough, remove the packing. If that is not loud enough, remove the baffle. If that is not loud enough, go get your hearing checked (smile).

OK, SO D & D DOES MAKE A CARBON SLIP ON.........
I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF YOSHI, SINCE 1989,
BUT NOW THEY HAVE SERIOUS COMP.

WELL MY NEW QUESTION IS :
WHO MAKES THE ABSOLUTE LOUDEST MOST OBNOXIOUS SOUNDING SLIP ON, NOT FULL SYSTEM PIPE OUT THERE?

IS IT D & D OR AKRA AND I WANNA AT LEAST GAIN AND NOT LOSE HP FROM MY CURRENT APPLICATION WITH YOSHI.

THANKS

Sh-t don't do anything until you break them in a little.  The will get louder and louder just by ridiing. Then if it still is not loud enough or deep enough tap a 1/4 hole down the center of the inside of the cans.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079035547 -->

my 01 had zyclones on it for a few weeks, then I switched over to "race' slips and could tell the difference in sound right away...much deeper, throaty sounding....have Micron slip ons on the annibusa and they sound quite similar to the yosh race slips....slightly louder at 5k and above, though.

ok, I have 1,600 miles now on the bike?
the pipes have about 1,000 miles on them.
isn't that broken up?
and ninja eater, will that really beef up the sound?

WHO MAKES THE ABSOLUTE LOUDEST MOST OBNOXIOUS SOUNDING SLIP ON, NOT FULL SYSTEM PIPE OUT THERE?

IS IT D & D OR AKRA AND I WANNA AT LEAST GAIN AND NOT LOSE HP FROM MY CURRENT APPLICATION WITH YOSHI.

THANKS
Okay one more time TAKE THE CANS OFF AND RIDE IT!!!!!

This is as loud as it will get and trust me you it isn't that loud it is more quiet than a full system.

Just take them off and see

THANKS
Okay one more time TAKE THE CANS OFF AND RIDE IT!!!!!

This is as loud as it will get and trust me you it isn't that loud it is  more quiet than a full system.

Just take them off and see
JC Is absolutley right, I was all excited to fire up my Busa without any cans on it just to hear the "THUNDER".... Imagine my disapointment when there was simply just some more noise but not anythin glike my old 750 when you took the pipe off the full system... Them Mid-pipes are prolly the culprit, really wasn't all that loud... LOUD yes, but not like you would expect... Seemed allmost Louder with the Bolt ons in place...

Back