Yoshi RS-3 race slips

Danno$$

Registered
Hello all, I know everyone is tired of my yoshi posts.... but this is the last one. I just got my RS-3 slips & they were advertised as "race" version. I CAN see all the way through them, however, I noticed a small baffle at the end of the can. I can see it through the exhaust tip (it looks like it bolts on)...Is this really the race version? should I try and unbolt the small baffle? It looks like they just threw some cheap baffle thing in the end of it just to please to cops or something. please help.... Thanks a million

Hello all, I know everyone is tired of my yoshi posts.... but this is the last one. I just got my RS-3 slips & they were advertised as "race" version. I CAN see all the way through them, however, I noticed a small baffle at the end of the can. I can see it through the exhaust tip (it looks like it bolts on)...Is this really the race version? should I try and unbolt the small baffle? It looks like they just threw some cheap baffle thing in the end of it just to please to cops or something. please help.... Thanks a million
Yep that's what they did.. Just remove them..
winkold.gif

Or you could trade them to me for my full Yosh RS3 Ti system w/race baffle..
poke.gif

LOL... sorry, I prefer the duals.... plus its got enough power i suppose... When I remove those, will it change the sound or backpressure??

LOL... sorry, I prefer the duals.... plus its got enough power i suppose... When I remove those, will it change the sound or backpressure??
I understand..
winkold.gif

Yes it will be louder and yes it will change back pressure.. you should be fine as far as the tune goes though..
winkold.gif

Good thing about them is you can always put them back in..
ThumbsUp.gif

winkold.gif

nice.... Im looking for deep and aggressive, not too loud though.. I really dont want tuning problems though... or gas mileage probs

u will find that what look like 2 set screws inside holding in the baffle are actually welded on the top.. u will have to drill the weld and screws out to remove the baffle. i want to take mine out also, but with the angle of the tip it may be a bit tricky...

Heres a shot of my TRS's without the baffles. The one on the right, thats the plastic bag it comes in that you see at the other end.

Your gonna love it Daniel
thumb_up.gif

Picture_634.jpg

worst case, drill out the rivets that hold the end of the canister on and then drill out the set screws and the re-rivit the end cap... i just need to find a place that has stainless rivets..

Just removed the two allen head screws and they popped right out!, they should sound good now.... I will try them on sat

it took a 4, just two on each pipe then they pulled right out. Was not much a baffle, dont see how those could have made much difference.

well i jsut went out in the garage and double checked mine. they definitely didnt have the allen head seat screw.

i then pulled out the trusty drill and proceeded to drill out the pins that looked as though they held the baffle in. after drilling the two out, i gave a good tug on the baffle and the thing didnt move. after further review, i noticed the tip of the exhaust had a step to it that was holding the baffle in on the sides. needless to say the baffle isnt coming out, but then again drilling out the set pins didnt loosen the baffle at all....... oh well!!!!

here is a pic of the inside of the tip and a look at the baffle...

0_IMAGE_158.jpg

well i jsut went out in the garage and double checked mine.  they definitely didnt have the allen head seat screw.

i then pulled out the trusty drill and proceeded to drill out the pins that looked as though they held the baffle in.  after drilling the two out, i gave a good tug on the baffle and the thing didnt move.  after further review, i noticed the tip of the exhaust had a step to it that was holding the baffle in on the sides.  needless to say the baffle isnt coming out, but then again drilling out the set pins didnt loosen the baffle at all.......  oh well!!!!

here is a pic of the inside of the tip and a look at the baffle...
Dave what does the emblem on the side look like? long emblem old style can only came with race baffles.. short narrow emblem with USA on them had the baffles.. I almost positive of this..

If you unbolt your can and you can look straight through it then its the race baffle..

Your end cap is scribed like the old style cans.. new style end caps are etched..

meaning the yosh logo..
bowdown.gif

Back