my trip to the gap

When I got back from the run on 28 I discovered an oil leak! I was lucky the engine didn't blow. It must have started when I was pulling up to the hotel. So off to Wheelers in the morning. It was an oil leak from one of the oil cooler lines. plus i got a new tire. All was well after that.
Wheeler rocks! I had the same exact problem and he fixed it. Exhaust was too close to the oil line and wore through it. $40 and I was on my way.

Glad you at least have a positive outlook on the ordeal!! I probably would have been upset (mostly about fleas) but its all an adventure.
The important thing is that you made it home safely to plan your next ride!! :thumbsup:

Glad you at least have a positive outlook on the ordeal!! I probably would have been upset (mostly about fleas) but its all an adventure.
The important thing is that you made it home safely to plan your next ride!! :thumbsup:

I figure the oil thing was God looking out for me. Better to get it fixed then rather than be half way home and blow the engine and be stranded on the side of the highway... Im thankful for that big time

I live about an hour from there, my brother lives 20 minutes from there. I have been many times and refuse to go on the weekends anymore. On the weekend, the sport bikes are pretty much all over the place and some of the riders are out of control.

It is a great place to ride, but the surrounding area is better due to a lot less traffic and police. You should check out Blood Mountain some time, you will not regret it.

Glad you had fun and that oil leak did not ruin your trip.

glad you had a good visit to the gap

the_gap_clothing_store.jpg

You know its interesting. My g/f is a member of a 109 board. She showed me a thread about some COPS running ticket traps up there. Looks like they are getting outta hand in the tactics they are using to entice bikers into doing something to give them a ticket. Busting them for passing on a double yellow because they are running a bait truck at 20 M.P.H. on the roads to get them to pass so they can hand out a ticket up ahead.

Some asshat of a cop was there on the thread talking about what lengths they will go to and to basically dare us to question it.

Its the same problem as usual. A few bad bikes makes it bad for everyone else and a few bad cops, well you hope are a few anyway, make us have an attitude about them.

You point out, and I agree, there is nothing wrong with a police presence to keep things grounded. But if they make it to where the main revenue stream they have goes away, because we are getting hassled, they are hurting only themselves.

The last time went, we met some great cops. I hope that the bikers haven't made it so bad that the rest of us don't want to come there to get jacked up for simply trying to enjoy the area like most of us do.

Ya know its was funny, the cop openly admitted he broke the laws on his bike in the mountains there. I'm like WTH kind of crap is this!!!

Back