My trip to Nevada

This was when I was by myself. I think this was when I melted the tires.. I was hitting the sweepers up to about 165 (indicated)

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097718450 -->

Slight_lean_at_140.jpg

thumbs-up.gif
go get em dude!

btw... I guess that "taken it easy for a while" thing is out the window?
laugh.gif
I dont blame ya. - K

Hey Kent -

I took it easy for awhile
tounge.gif
 .. it was like 3 months I think before I went anywhere above 10 miles over any posted speed limit
biggrin.gif

Trip is over though and I am back not pushing the limits.

I just wish there was like an Autobon around here with no speed limits.

Someone told me one of the states has a highway that has no speed limit.. anyone know what I am talking about?

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097682580 -->

Great pics, glad you had a good time...
biggrin.gif
Thanks -

Yeah. had an alright time. Going to street vibrations for me personally was kind of a waste of my time.

Not knocking the event and I wouldn’t tell anyone it was a bunch of crap nor tell anyone not to go. I mean they had a lot of cool looking bikes..

But with that said, it seemed like more of a poser event than anything. And a lot of the really cool looking bikes that were on display, looked like.. well that was all they were for, display. PsychoZ and I were checking out some of the bikes and I don’t know, maybe I am just not as smart or technically proficient, but some of these bikes probably had no more than a 16th of an inch clearance between the chain and the tire..

I mean yeah, the bikes are there for show, and if you got the money to waste on putting a bike together that you are going to trailer everywhere and never ride, that’s cool.

But I kind of look at it like when I see guys with these big a$$ 4-wheel drive trucks that are ALL tricked out, fricken lifted to the max, just kick but looking. And then you find out the truck has never been off pavement. Except for when it is parked in someone’s front lawn. I mean, just kind of seems like a waste.

Or the one that REALLY gets me, are these lowered trucks. I mean I just don’t get it. Trucks are for hauling stuff, for taking off road, for towing your boat, trucks and toys for big boys (and lady’s too
smile.gif
) When you lower a truck you are basically cutting its nuts off…. Again I ask.. why?

I try to keep my Busa as clean and looking good as possible, and from a glance it usually looks pretty good, but if you look close I have small nicks in the front fairing where small rocks have hit it at high speeds, I think I even have a small nick in the head light glass. There is rubber melted on to the front under cowling right behind the front tire where rubber coming off the front tire hot has permanently affixed itself to the plastic

I am glad I went to Street Vibrations once, just so I can say I have been, but I doubt I will ever bother to go again. Even if I am in the area.

Not that I am all that and not saying I don’t have a little poser in me too, my riding gear is 50% protection and 50% to turn heads
smile.gif

Speaking of which, my new body armor should be in next week, wait till you all check this out.. Talking about going over the edge on protection and body armor, most of you are just going to shake your heads when I post picks of my new gear lol

smile.gif

Cool pics Thrasher
beerchug.gif

Looks like you had some nice weather for the trip, and were able to get some GOOD riding in.
cool.gif

Nice pictures!

Montana was the state with an unenforced speed limit.

The Montana Legislature recently finalized numerical speed limits for the state’s interstate and secondary highways. The new law replaces the "basic rule," which required motorists to drive in a reasonable and prudent manner based on traffic, road and weather conditions. The following limits go into effect on May 28, 1999:[/QUOTE]

New Speed laws

Here is a study that was done after the speed limits were lowered in 1999. Safety study

Looks like you are five years too late.
sad.gif

Looks like a good time thrasher...
smile.gif

Question for you though.  I just bought a similar lock for my Busa, and I was feeding it through the rear tire AND swingarm...someone could feasibly pop your rear tire off and just slide the lock off, then load the bike up and run...granted, it would take a while, but hey, if you leave it sitting for 10 hours while working or something, it could be stolen...or, am I using the lock wrong?

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "I'm dumb"|1097695916 -->

T-Fox,
Most of us just shake our heads anyway when we see you!! (Remember Laguna this year?) Just kidding with ya buddy!  Show us that new gear!!

T-Fox,
Most of us just shake our heads anyway when we see you!! (Remember Laguna this year?) Just kidding with ya buddy! Show us that new gear!!
Which part of Laguna? the riding through Hollister? the night at Canary row? or at the race track and me being the only reak walking around in leathers ( I really have to figure out a way to bring a change of clothes
biggrin.gif
) or all of the above?
face7.gif

Looks like a good time thrasher...
smile.gif

Question for you though. I just bought a similar lock for my Busa, and I was feeding it through the rear tire AND swingarm...someone could feasibly pop your rear tire off and just slide the lock off, then load the bike up and run...granted, it would take a while, but hey, if you leave it sitting for 10 hours while working or something, it could be stolen...or, am I using the lock wrong?
VA -

I wasn't too worried about it. It was more for locking up my helmet than anything at that time.

The bike was parked in a secure parking area and I had my front disk lock on AND the steering locked. The cable going through the helmet and through the tire was just ADDED security.

However if I was a bike thief taking the time to remove a rear tire would not be the way someone would do it. There are allot of easier and faster ways to get the cable off than trying to remove the back tire..

But going through the swing arm would not be a bad idea. But my cable was not long enough. tried it. and it would not slip over the hump. not enough slack.

I believe Montana has speed limits set to day and night time individually. Great pics!

I am here T-Fox..thanks for the pic's and comments...Glad you are safe and sound at home. PaceM
biggrin.gif

Hey thrasher, thanx for the cockpit shots. They are always my favorite. The pic when I could see your speedo at around 165 just brings me chills...
cool.gif
Feels like I'm on the bike.

Back