My Tour

motogp08

Registered
Had my tour of the jail tonight. (I'm applied with the Sheriff's Dept. to be a Detention Deputy, for those who don't know).

Anyway, had a little excitement while we were there.

There was a "Code 2" fight in progress when we first got to the watch commander's room. The call came over the radio, "We've got a Code 2 fight in progress in pod 18," a little while later a couple of deputies went hauling azz running by going to the fight.

Turns out some inmate was gonna stab the other's azz with a pencil. (Not very nice if you ask me.):laugh:

I thought that was AWSOME! I can't WAIT to get this FREAKIN' job!!!:thumbsup:

Oh, and the rest of the tour was fun too.:whistle::laugh: The county jail is HUGE! :eh:

The watch commander was retired military also, and was hilarious about some of the things he talked about. (He called people he didn't like..."schmuck-puckers"):rofl:

Over all, it was a blast!:thumbsup:

Dude, let me tell ya; it all sounds and looks fun until some "schmuck-pucker" spitz HIV in your face.

I'm not going to tell you not to do this shid, but pls be careful; you've got a lot to learn. In SC 50% of a graduating class isn't in law enforcement 5 years out.

Good Luck, have fun, and be careful. ( sorry I know my daddy instinct and age are showing )

Dude, let me tell ya; it all sounds and looks fun until some "schmuck-pucker" spitz HIV in your face.

I'm not going to tell you not to do this shid, but pls be careful; you've got a lot to learn. In SC 50% of a graduating class isn't in law enforcement 5 years out.

Good Luck, have fun, and be careful. ( sorry I know my daddy instinct and age are showing )

Not a problem DO3. I know its a dangerous job. I think its what I'm called to do. (No other reason to explain wanting to do it)...

In 5yrs half of a graduating class drops out...not very good odds.???

Did you start out in the jails? How did you start????

Had a real job and reserved with local Sheriff for 8 years to include SERT and dog. Got laid off and decided to have fun. Started as LEO

I have been thinking of leaving the Fire/EMS side of the game and going into the LEO side.. Give me some pro's and cons of it if you dont mind. I would like to start out in North Charleston, and work my way up to Det soon.

I have been thinking of leaving the Fire/EMS side of the game and going into the LEO side.. Give me some pro's and cons of it if you dont mind. I would like to start out in North Charleston, and work my way up to Det soon.

I haven't gotten on yet, but I've been doing my homework...

All I can say is this...if you want to go Detective, it'll take a good while. (Most places are 3-5yrs. on patrol before you can even THINK of Specialty work...ie SWAT, Investigations, Narcotics...etc.)

Also, the background part is HUGE!

If you've ever done MJ or low-level drugs...most places require you to have 3-5 yrs. since the last time. (And thats usually for expiramentation only).

If you've EVER tried hard drugs...coke, PCP, LSD, Meth, etc. your chances of getting on are VERY slim.

NO felony convictions.

Certain MISDEMEANORS as well can be an auto-DQ.

This is just a little of what I've found out...if you want more insight into what I've learned...send me a PM bro.:thumbsup:

Back