As good as hired...

motogp08

Registered
Hey all, (for those of you who give a shid)...I got a call from the training academy (I'm an applicant for the Sheriff's office as a Detention Officer)...so I called them back and the lady asked if I still wanted the job.

I said, "hehe, well YEAH!" So she said, "okay..." "let me direct you to one of the detectives (she said "Deputy) but the detectives are the BI's (background investigators).

So the BI told me that he wanted to do the interview THE NEXT DAY! at home, and I origionally wasn't supposed to go to the academy until January probably.

He said he was going to go ahead and get my folder done within a week and get me processed to start training Wednesday.

Well, turns out, my Recruiting Sgt. called me back a while later and told me that some dumbutt didn't take me before the Civil Service board to get me certified (he told me this wasn't something that I had part in, its just a legal thing the Sheriff's dept has to do).:banghead:

So I still won't be training until January probably, (which sucks) but it gives me more time to prepare myself (both physically and mentally). :sarcasm:

But the great thing is...they've pretty well told me I'm AS GOOD AS HIRED!:thumbsup:

The Sgt. told me they're still gonna process me pretty quick and get me ready ASAP for the next academy...I CAN'T WAIT!:cheerleader:

My Oral Board interview SUCKED! It was hard, and I thought I did bad, but since they wanted to go ahead and process me so quick, the Lt. that interviewed me must have written something good down.

I just thought I'd let those of you who've been keeping up with this know to keep you up to date.:beerchug:

I'm so excited to get my LE career started, I've wanted to be da' popo since I was a little kid...now the dream seems to be coming true.

I'm gonna work as a Detention Deputy for a few years, (until I turn 21), then I'll either go Sheriff's Patrol, or become a Kansas State Trooper. MAN things are starting to look up...wish me luck on the rest guys.

I love all of you guys, the prayers and support does dividends for morale. Its nice to have "another" family to go to through good and bad!:beerchug:

Good luck to you and stay focused... I work in a Correctional Institution myself just like you will be doing and it's a whole different world from our outside world. STAY FOCUSED !!!

Congratulations... as part of preparing you need to start working out at the gym. Also sign up for some Yoga classes there. It will help! 6months working out will make all the difference in the world.... just don't push yourself to the point you get hurt. Get some advice from a trainer.

Congratulations, sounds like everything is going to work out fine for you. Stay focused and use your head, you will do fine. :beerchug:

Congrats! It's always good to hear about someone getting a job, especially one they've had to work so hard for.

Wow! That's fantastic news, bro! I'm very happy for you!

:cheerleader:

Congrats man! Glad to hear that the hard work paid off :cheerleader:

As for the interview, you probably didn't do as bad as you thought. It's a high pressure situation, and they do specific things to throw you off. If you answered everything truthfully then you did it right. That's what they are looking for.

Keep us updated sir! Looking forward to hearing that you are putting on the uniform. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Congrats. Glad to see it is all working out well for you.

Stay focused and stay away from any troublemakers.

Back