cops gone mad

I just love the insecure little guys getting all spun up... It's awesome.

The Fear they live in cause "I'm somebody important" and the cops don't give a crap... If you've got nothing better to do than rail against law enforcement? You really need to have a look at where you at in your life, and get yourself together it's kinda transparent and sad.
There it is!

I have to admit though, some of the photos in this thread are pretty funny.

Makes me want a turkey Leg, just cannot find em' up here.

I just love the insecure little guys getting all spun up...  It's awesome.

The Fear they live in cause "I'm somebody important" and the cops don't give a crap... If you've got nothing better to do than rail against law enforcement?  You really need to have a look at where you at in your life, and get yourself together it's kinda transparent and sad.
There it is!

I have to admit though, some of the photos in this thread are pretty funny.
hey i'm forkin for ya man
laugh.gif

This debate goes back and forth all the time. It's all over the internet, in the newspapers, on the radio, and is discussed at great length in many circles. Citizens are angry at the way they're often treated by officers; cops get indignant any time the good name of the law is besmirched. Look, I realize we don't have all the details in this case and it's doubtful that we ever will. This will undoubtedly be settled out of court for the simple reason that public review is the last thing law enforcement wants.

The argument "but there are good cops out there too," is probably the most common defense against the general public outcry that's generated by these situations. No one is saying there aren't ANY decent police officers in this country. There are Iraqi insurgents that are "good people" too, reverent Muslims with families and dreams and jobs and principles. But that doesn't change the fact that we're currently at war with them. There were a lot of "good" Stasi agents that destroyed lives too, just following orders from higher up. A cog in the machinery of rule and power.

The indignation the public feels at these actions is not an indictment of a particular officer or even of the law enforcement community in general, it's a feeling of helplessness at being trapped within an unbalanced legal system that almost always lends more credence to an ordinary man with a badge than it does an ordinary man. To many citizens, the police officer is a physical manifestation of that system. The schadenfreude is the result of a lot of unfairness that people, often innocent people, have suffered at the hands of some officer "just trying to do his job." Not that the derision and anger isn't often well deserved. There are a lot of good cops out there, but there are also a lot of bad cops out there. And there are a lot of good cops who overstep their bounds and do bad things.

Every day more and more of these stories come to light and the longer they come the uglier they get. Mandatory minimums, plea bargains, political arrests, no-knock warrants, illegal wiretapping, tasers, pain compliance, stop and identify laws...we are heading down a steep and dangerous slope that's going to be awfully hard to climb back up when the time comes. The old fashioned "civil servant" police officer is becoming very much a thing of the past. As police departments become more and more militarized, the war on drugs turns more non-violent offenders into dangerous criminals, and the entrenched power structure continues to chip away at the already hobbled Bill of Rights, the growing rift between the citizen (civilian) and the state (represented, in this case, by a uniformed officer) is going to grow wider and wider. Courts have ruled time and time again that "protect and serve" has nothing to do with protecting you or serving you. (Thurman v. City of Torrington, 1985), (City of Castle Rock v. Gonzalez, 2005), (DeShaney v. Winnebago County, 1989). Rest assured that you are on your own unless you break the law, then you will be considered guilty and dangerous until you are able to prove otherwise. Just ask Lisl Auman, Marc Emery, or Greg Williams. In a world where asserting your rights can get you cuffed and beaten, disagreeing with a police officer can get you tased and rat packed, and wearing an anti-war t-shirt can be grounds for arrest, it's no wonder that a large number of citizens are upset over police conduct.

"There is a huge body of evidence that me and the police were put on this earth to do extremely different things and never to mingle professionally with each other, except at official functions, when we all wear ties and drink heavily and whoop it up like the natural, good-humored wild boys that we know in our hearts that we are...These occasions are rare, but they do happen - despite the forked tongue of fate that has put us forever on different paths."
-Hunter

How about this act of kindness from a Sheriffs Department.  Makes me sick.

Wonder if Jess Jackson or Rev. Sharpton will help protect his civil liberties?

http://www.wkrg.com/news....eo
But you don't know all the facts.  Maybe he threatened to roll himself down a flight of stairs and kill himself and they threw him out of the wheelchair to protect him from killing himself?
rock.gif

So let me deal with a couple of FACTS since that seems to be the argument du jour justifying this ridiculous behaviour.

1) Fact: She called the 911 because she'd been assaulted, not because she was suicidal
2) FACT: It is POLICY to have only same-sex officers involved in a strip search, yet look what happened
3) Fact: They claimed they took the actions to protect her from herself.  List of actions taken: forcibly strip searching her and leaving her in a cell for 6 hours then released.  List of actions not taken: getting her professional medical help for her obvious physical injuries.
4) Fact: Police officers with behavioral problems are frequently removed from patrol and assigned to corrections facilities (aka jail).  This includes officers with excessive force complaints and who fail psychological tests.
5) Fact for EtrnlSoldier: I do personally know cops with get out of jail free cards, they're called badges.  If I get clocked doing 160, I'm going to jail.  My LEO buddies don't even get tickets.  It doesn't end with traffic violations and anyone with a shred of honesty who is an LEO will admit that. Maybe not with every police force, but most.
6) Fact: I've seen someone bitten in a jail cell by another inmate.  He was taken out of the cell and returned 3 minutes later with some toilet paper to hold on it to soak up the blood.  That was the extent of his medical treatment.  I've seen a lot of other abuse as well, but that is the most relevant example.

Now for the non-factual 2 cents from me.  She was probably a drunk, mean-spirited woman who deserved to be taken down a peg or 2.  That doesn't give anyone the right to actually DO something like that just because you can.  People are sometimes treated worse than livestock in jail, and it's not right.

The LEOs I personally know are very good people and make the neighborhoods they work in a much better place and I appreciate and admire what they do.
bowdown.gif
  These clowns are of a different breed and someone needs to thin the herd.
guns.gif

This debate goes back and forth all the time. It's all over the internet, in the newspapers, on the radio, and is discussed at great length in many circles. Citizens are angry at the way they're often treated by officers; cops get indignant any time the good name of the law is besmirched. Look, I realize we don't have all the details in this case and it's doubtful that we ever will. This will undoubtedly be settled out of court for the simple reason that public review is the last thing law enforcement wants.

The argument "but there are good cops out there too," is probably the most common defense against the general public outcry that's generated by these situations. No one is saying there aren't ANY decent police officers in this country. There are Iraqi insurgents that are "good people" too, reverent Muslims with families and dreams and jobs and principles. But that doesn't change the fact that we're currently at war with them. There were a lot of "good" Stasi agents that destroyed lives too, just following orders from higher up. A cog in the machinery of rule and power.

The indignation the public feels at these actions is not an indictment of a particular officer or even of the law enforcement community in general, it's a feeling of helplessness at being trapped within an unbalanced legal system that almost always lends more credence to an ordinary man with a badge than it does an ordinary man. To many citizens, the police officer is a physical manifestation of that system. The schadenfreude is the result of a lot of unfairness that people, often innocent people, have suffered at the hands of some officer "just trying to do his job."  Not that the derision and anger isn't often well deserved. There are a lot of good cops out there, but there are also a lot of bad cops out there. And there are a lot of good cops who overstep their bounds and do bad things.

Every day more and more of these stories come to light and the longer they come the uglier they get. Mandatory minimums, plea bargains, political arrests, no-knock warrants, illegal wiretapping, tasers, pain compliance, stop and identify laws...we are heading down a steep and dangerous slope that's going to be awfully hard to climb back up when the time comes. The old fashioned "civil servant" police officer is becoming very much a thing of the past. As police departments become more and more militarized, the war on drugs turns more non-violent offenders into dangerous criminals, and the entrenched power structure continues to chip away at the already hobbled Bill of Rights, the growing rift between the citizen (civilian) and the state (represented, in this case, by a uniformed officer) is going to grow wider and wider. Courts have ruled time and time again that "protect and serve" has nothing to do with protecting you or serving you. (Thurman v. City of Torrington, 1985), (City of Castle Rock v. Gonzalez, 2005), (DeShaney v. Winnebago County, 1989). Rest assured that you are on your own unless you break the law, then you will be considered guilty and dangerous until you are able to prove otherwise. Just ask Lisl Auman, Marc Emery, or Greg Williams. In a world where asserting your rights can get you cuffed and beaten, disagreeing with a police officer can get you tased and rat packed, and wearing an anti-war t-shirt can be grounds for arrest, it's no wonder that a large number of citizens are upset over police conduct.

"There is a huge body of evidence that me and the police were put on this earth to do extremely different things and never to mingle professionally with each other, except at official functions, when we all wear ties and drink heavily and whoop it up like the natural, good-humored wild boys that we know in our hearts that we are...These occasions are rare, but they do happen - despite the forked tongue of fate that has put us forever on different paths."
-Hunter
wowold.gif
you dont post much but when you do you make up for it
lol1.gif

this is a classic case of a cop w/ a short fuse.

heres an anger management coarse for him

http://www.angermanagementseminar.com/

firedevil.gif
NOW from a parent perspective
cursin.gif

seeing someone man handle one of my kids like that would bring extreme rage out of me.  My kids would be more cooperative than that boy but that cop seemed to be egging things on.

I guess I'm more like a mother bear with her cubs but I have fire out my mouth and smoke out my ears!

Last edited by a moderator:

The indignation the public feels at these actions is not an indictment of a particular officer or even of the law enforcement community in general, it's a feeling of helplessness at being trapped within an unbalanced legal system that almost always lends more credence to an ordinary man with a badge than it does an ordinary man. To many citizens, the police officer is a physical manifestation of that system. The schadenfreude is the result of a lot of unfairness that people, often innocent people, have suffered at the hands of some officer "just trying to do his job." Not that the derision and anger isn't often well deserved. There are a lot of good cops out there, but there are also a lot of bad cops out there. And there are a lot of good cops who overstep their bounds and do bad things.

-Hunter
That was some serious propaganda you just posted. The ACLU (American Criminal Liberties Union) would be proud. Unfortunately, it's mostly incorrect. It would appear to be meant to stir scandal by twisting things a bit.

Comparing American police officers with Stasi agents and Iraqi insurgents? Are you serious? A couple of youtube videos out of millions of interactions daily with Americans justifies this response?

Anyone who talks about no knock warrants (must have good reason, and it's usually suspect safety moreso than officer safety) and "illegal wiretapping" (a Title III wiretap warrant is still required for a true wire tap, and is the hardest kind to get, regardless of what CNN says about the Patriot Act) in this manner obviously doesn't work in the profession and thus, has very limited knowledge. No, really.

Hell, a hundred years ago, if you got caught stealing your neighbors horse, often as not, you got shown a rope and an apple tree without even a trial. Law enforcement of today is far more adherent to civil rights and much more sensitive to citizen's feelings than even 20 years ago.

It's not getting worse, as you seem to describe. It's actually getting much "better." Especially for criminals.

That being said, the cop in the video with the skateboard kid makes himself look like an excitable, pompous moron.

How about this act of kindness from a Sheriffs Department. Makes me sick.

Wonder if Jess Jackson or Rev. Sharpton will help protect his civil liberties?

http://www.wkrg.com/news....eo
But you don't know all the facts. Maybe he threatened to roll himself down a flight of stairs and kill himself and they threw him out of the wheelchair to protect him from killing himself?
rock.gif

So let me deal with a couple of FACTS since that seems to be the argument du jour justifying this ridiculous behaviour.

1) Fact: She called the 911 because she'd been assaulted, not because she was suicidal
2) FACT: It is POLICY to have only same-sex officers involved in a strip search, yet look what happened
3) Fact: They claimed they took the actions to protect her from herself. List of actions taken: forcibly strip searching her and leaving her in a cell for 6 hours then released. List of actions not taken: getting her professional medical help for her obvious physical injuries.
4) Fact: Police officers with behavioral problems are frequently removed from patrol and assigned to corrections facilities (aka jail). This includes officers with excessive force complaints and who fail psychological tests.
5) Fact for EtrnlSoldier: I do personally know cops with get out of jail free cards, they're called badges. If I get clocked doing 160, I'm going to jail. My LEO buddies don't even get tickets. It doesn't end with traffic violations and anyone with a shred of honesty who is an LEO will admit that. Maybe not with every police force, but most.
6) Fact: I've seen someone bitten in a jail cell by another inmate. He was taken out of the cell and returned 3 minutes later with some toilet paper to hold on it to soak up the blood. That was the extent of his medical treatment. I've seen a lot of other abuse as well, but that is the most relevant example.

Now for the non-factual 2 cents from me. She was probably a drunk, mean-spirited woman who deserved to be taken down a peg or 2. That doesn't give anyone the right to actually DO something like that just because you can. People are sometimes treated worse than livestock in jail, and it's not right.

The LEOs I personally know are very good people and make the neighborhoods they work in a much better place and I appreciate and admire what they do.
bowdown.gif
These clowns are of a different breed and someone needs to thin the herd.
guns.gif
How did you "see" an inmate bitten and returned 3 minutes later with toilet paper? What were you in jail for?
laugh.gif

Oh and, that is not, by far, the standard of medical treatment in the vast majority of jails. He'd have gotten fixed up properly at the nurse's station, and the biter would have been charged for battery. Unless the bite was self defense of some sort. You were there. Was it?

Oh and, cop or not, you get caught doing a buck sixty, or say, driving drunk, where I'm from, it's your ass. Especially the DUI thing. It's not just an arrest. You get fired and are likely to never be a cop again anywhere. That doesn't happen with carpenters, plumbers, even doctors and lawyers.

Generally, they can't assign you to a correctional facility unless it's a County Sheriff's office, and you're a deputy. You're either a Police Officer, or a Corrections Officer. They aren't interchangeable without complete re-training (aka-Academy) and doing so has to be voluntary.

You can say "FACT FACT FACT" all you want but, that doesn't make it so. Some of your "FACTS" are really just your subjective opinions.

Now, on the wheelchair guy. No excuse that I can see for that. No resistance, just a dude in a wheelchair and dumped out onto the floor. That CO will likely be in trouble, and justifiably so. When you sarcastically talk about how we don't know the whole story on that one, it would appear that you're mocking my earlier posts using similar verbiage, regarding a very different scenario. If that's the case then, well, you're way off base.

Long story short, back to the original incident with the female getting stripped and isolated, it doesn't matter what the initial call was, ie: she was "assaulted", which is incorrect verbiage anyway. "Assaulted" means, in most places, attacked without being struck or hit. If she was hit, it would have been "battered." If someone swings at you and misses, you generally aren't injured by that. Big difference. I can call the police as a victim, then when they arrive, become violent with them, and the whole scenario changes. I don't really know what completely happened here, but I can admit that without becoming emotional. Some folks need to accuse, twist and justify their vitriol with half baked "facts". I don't see the need for that in this case.

Go walk a beat for a few years, learn something about human nature and the profession, and come back and tell me how your views have changed in favor of reality. Or does that arrest record prevent that? Sorry, couldn't resist!
tounge.gif

This is supposed to be fun, this whole internet debate thing. Aren't you having fun?
face7.gif

Back