As good as hired...

As for you guys that I didn't address, the fact that you post you care means a world of difference to me.

You all make me proud I'm a part of this board...god bless you all!:bowdown:

Thanks!

What in LE are you going into? Patrol????

What agency also?

I'm out in Chicago. I was leaning towards Lake County Sheriffs dept. My ultimate goal is to make it into S.W.A.T. or under-cover work. Been thinking of starting in a prison/jail though. so we'll see. I have an internship with a pretty tough P.D. here at school so hopefully I gain some great experience.

I've applied to a position like that before but didn't get it.. What are your qualifications? that make you eligible for the position?

Will do, I've been reading up on other officers' good doings, as well as the mistakes they've made. (And learning from them)

I'm lifting weights, and running (not real religiously yet, but going to real soon).

The one thing that has been said many times that rings the loudest..."an officer only works 8-12 hrs a day...the inmates and suspects have 24hrs a day to plan your downfall."

And my favorite..."be FIRM, FAIR, and CONSISTENT.":thumbsup:
One more piece of advice........ Those inmates/offenders are not in there for going to church too much. :beerchug:

Oh and anyone planning a career in Law Enforcement I would suggest that you learn as much as you can in these three fields.

Psychology
Spanish
Jujitsu

They will probably be covered a little in any basic training, but the more you learn the safer you will be.

Back