My review after 950 miles on my first busa

Rider experience being equal the 450 will 0-60MPH just as quick as the Busa.
Not quicker than the Busa, just as quick.
Run the 450 past 60MPH and run the Busa past 60 and when you compare this it looks like you let off the throttle of the dirt bike.

The 450 will have a more consistent pull throughout the RPM range. And its peak will be lower in the RPM range.

Pull some specs on both bikes and look at 1000 RPM increments at the HP/Torque.

Once again the 450 is a powerful machine, but not even close to the Busa as far as HP/Torque. And the difference in the power to weight ratio is significantly to the advantage of the Busa.

This whole post I agree 1,000 percent :thumbsup:

Rider experience being equal the 450 will 0-60MPH just as quick as the Busa.
Not quicker than the Busa, just as quick.
Run the 450 past 60MPH and run the Busa past 60 and when you compare this it looks like you let off the throttle of the dirt bike.

The 450 will have a more consistent pull throughout the RPM range. And its peak will be lower in the RPM range.

Pull some specs on both bikes and look at 1000 RPM increments at the HP/Torque.

Once again the 450 is a powerful machine, but not even close to the Busa as far as HP/Torque. And the difference in the power to weight ratio is significantly to the advantage of the Busa.

:rofl: I really, really doubt a 450 would have anything to offer a busa past 30. Maybe with a squid, surely not someone who can launch.

3265967468_71353f17bd.jpg

SCBQQSTN - get to the track your need a reality check on aisle one...

I do prefer dirtbikes but i have seen some bad A,fast drag quads made out of banshees. Even saw a street legal one on Ebay some years ago. I suppose you could lower a dirtbike and do the same. Technically the 2 cylinder 2 stroke 350cc engine of the,a non-powervalved version of Yamaha's RZ350,came frame a crotch rocket of sorts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Yamaha_RZ350_of_1985.jpg

Last edited:
Read the post that you quoted carefully - It states "Rider experience being equal".

Maybe with some type of launch control it would be close till 30. Either way by the first shift it would be over. The fact that we are even still comparing a full size sport bike and a 230lb dirt bike is nearly as asinine as that were are comparing of all things acceleration.

A 450 and a busa beyond both being 4 strokes are completely different animals.

A Hayabusa can hit 60 in about 2.8 seconds with a good rider. A CFR450 would flip trying to hit 60 in under 5 seconds. The only way it will every hit 60 in less than 5 is on a dyno.

Maybe with some type of launch control it would be close till 30. Either way by the first shift it would be over. The fact that we are even still comparing a full size sport bike and a 230lb dirt bike is nearly as asinine as that were are comparing of all things acceleration.

A 450 and a busa beyond both being 4 strokes are completely different animals.

I am probably giving the 450 to much credit, just trying to make a point to the younger rider who started this thread.

Hmmm. A lot of you guys offered really good advice and your maturity showed through your postings. Some of you came off as the a-holes that made the mods wonder if the site should be put on hiatus. While I cant fathom how the hell the Busa doesn't have enough power, I see no need to question the gentleman's maturity...or make insulting remarks. :beerchug:

:rulez:I probably came off strong on this one. Having figured things out the expensive and painful way must times in my life I have a good sense when people are on the same path. Getting to the track was a huge eye opener for me, both drag racing and road racing. I mean no ill will, just someone would have dragged me there sooner.:beerchug:

That aside I think just about everyone here understands it's the safest place to test your limits.

Most here are not trying to be insulting.

Just trying to share experience and knowledge from years that are behind us.

After all .... how many of us here knew some one - that is not here due to their age and maturity level and experience. Or the lack thereof.

I am sure everyone wants what they want and if one can afford it - go for it - but that still doesn't mean a millionaire with youthful experience can run a nascar, ama bike to its full potential.

Everyone on these posts wants to see this young man live to see the new and improved future models of ours and his bike.

I appreciate your advice, but please stop saying I have a death wish by wanting more power. You can get yourself just as easily killed on a 600. Having a busa or turbo busa doesn't increase your chances of dieing. A 600 can go 150 mph just the same as a busa. There is nothing wrong with wanting more, all it is, is a little more responsiblilty for faster acceleration.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im not sure how I came across, definately not trying to insult anyone......just been a bad year, and having seen the aftermath of 2 fatalities, i meant to show concern and not sarcasm. Hell I want a turbo 2...

I am probably giving the 450 to much credit, just trying to make a point to the younger rider who started this thread.

Lowered, but otherwise stock CR500's run mid-low 7's in the 8th mile with a good rider. A gen 1 'busa only runs high 6's with an average rider. The difference isn't as far off as you guys keep thinking.

Everyone needs a chance to ride a CR500 or KX500 done up as a motard...

we are all riding hayabusas because it is what it is... a ROCKET SHIP and we all appreciate the power it produces, the most guys on this site would love a turbo, but i think that the most guys do not wish to have a turbo after only 900 miles because the most of us are still in awe about the power it produces stock standard, especially a wise thing to do is first to learn to harness that power,first to learn how to do your 1/4 runs and then how to improve on that., you would be surprised how a real dragracer with a naturally aspirated motor bike can beat a novice with a turboed bike. that is my .50 cents..

Last edited:
Lowered, but otherwise stock CR500's run mid-low 7's in the 8th mile with a good rider. A gen 1 'busa only runs high 6's with an average rider. The difference isn't as far off as you guys keep thinking.

Everyone needs a chance to ride a CR500 or KX500 done up as a motard...

I think a mid 7 at 85-90 and a mid 6 at 115 are completely different things. Hell I easily ticked off 6.7 -6.8 on a nearly stock 05 750 and I'm not even really good at drag racing.

I bet a 500 single would be wild as a motard! Riding an SM was one of the most fun bikes I have ever been on, and that was a stock DRZ.

Back