My Performance Award

Congrats on the reduced penalty
beerchug.gif

It sounds like you played your cards right, and the Judge was appreciative of your honesty. Sometimes it works out for the best.

Now! Get your azz to traffic school and get the points reduced
laugh.gif
(now that you have that option
wink.gif
)

I had a similar story doing 108 in a 55 in car years ago.  The judge seemed so nice and tolerant with everyone else.  

My story didn't spin so well.  I got my first look at the inside of the county lockup for my deed.

Besides 6 points and the RD charge, what would have been your fine if the judge decided to nail you for 81? And I wonder how much less your insurance company counts 79 vs 81?

I'm curious. When you were listening to other cases, did any speeding cases have a lawyer backing them up? If so, did it help? From what I've heard, lawyers can get the ticket changed to a lesser charge, sometime with no points. I think I'd consider getting a lawyer if I end up in your position.

Being from Virginia and owning a Busa, obviously tickets are a major concern. All it takes is a quick twist of the wrist, at the wrong time. But so far, so good.

Uuum. Makes me wonder what the 95 in a 40 would get me if I had got caught the other day (nice straight empty piece of road coming home).....

How about: "Judge, I know I was going fast, but I remembered that I left the garage door up and I was afraid the cat was going to get out. And he's old and can't see well..."

Seriously, glad it worked out for you! I think I would have gone with the guilty plea too.

I had a similar story doing 108 in a 55 in car years ago.  The judge seemed so nice and tolerant with everyone else.  

My story didn't spin so well.  I got my first look at the inside of the county lockup for my deed.
How long did you have to stay locked? Did you have to post bail. What was the ticket. I see something similar in my future.

You know take it from someone has been in court for SEVERAL different traffic violations including a few NON traffic sitations. lol. I have seen people go in there like it's not a big deal and get HAMMERED. Everytime I have went in I have wore a suit and tie, it was yes sir your honor or no sir your honor, and overall I just showed respect for the court. Judges want to see that you regret what you did and that you are respectable to the court. I have always got a decent treatment in ALL of my rulings simply because of this. Now the people I see go in in sweat pants or sport jerzees with pants hanging down to their ankles or showing ear rings or tattoos always seem to get hammered. My advice is even though you might look like a tool going in dressed up and seeming so quiet it will save you in the end so just deal with it for an hour or two and it will save you lots of headache. Oh and above all never argue with a judge. it is only gonna make things worse. My .02 cents
BB69

I like that kind of story. I had a similar episode and I've always found honesty is the best way. No doubt the police (and courts) have heard all the excuses and stories before. If you're honest they'll know it and respond in kind (most of the time).

Uuum. Makes me wonder what the 95 in a 40 would get me if I had got caught the other day (nice straight empty piece of road coming home).....

How about: "Judge, I know I was going fast, but I remembered that I left the garage door up and I was afraid the cat was going to get out. And he's old and can't see well..."

Seriously, glad it worked out for you! I think I would have gone with the guilty plea too.
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back