Busted! Riding Award

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Picked up Masago after work and took the long way home. Mistake #1. The Second error on my part was thinking that the Fun Monitor wasn't watching when I turned off behind him, nor thinking that he would pull a U turn to see what kind of high velocity fun I was about to seek.

Wrong on both accounts and he discovered that my velocity was well in excess of his limited definition of fun. A point that I chose not to debate, as his first words were "You can bet I'm going to make this worth your while". That and something to the effect that I had endangered his life by forcing him to wind his needle of speed beyond the mid 140's merely to catch a glimpse of Masago's tail feathers failing in the stiff breeze.

By the time his glimpse was had, I was winding her down as I was regretting having aborted Plan A, by blowing by Carbondale Rd to head back towards Hwy 16.

The original thought was that, should he be a wiley fun monitor and indeed seek to suppress my fun loving right wrist I would be off thru the tight twisties long before he overtook the cages that had previously impeded my progress and be left to wondering where I had gotten off to. I however, made the last minute ill fated decision to bypass that elusive route by not taking the right turn as it approached.

That was the third and final error. The result; an award, which, much to my relief was written most conservatively at an estimated 15 over the posted, for which I expressed my extreme gratitude.

We had a long interesting conversation on several topics that ended in his advice on how the seek a traffic school option. It also included which Judge to request as he is known to be fond of that option for offenders with previously clean records. His advice leaves me wondering if his recommendation is genuine or if Judge Howard is a hard nosed ball buster.

Regardless, I'm fortunate that I was written in Amador County rather than Sacramento where I actually was and the absence of that third velocity indicating digit on the award that would reflect the fun I was actually having.

No Boss it was not your nemesis, Officer Hernandez.

Last edited:
Congratulations in a perverse sort of way! (as in, "could've been much worse) Doyle

yeah you got off light. Good deal.

Now why wasnt that nice officer off busting REAL crime like meth labs and gang rapes and home invasions?

:poke:

yes I had to stir the pot a little bit...glad you got a break though!

Damn! I'm very sorry to hear this. It could have been a lot worse, as you already are aware :whistle:

Now why wasnt that nice officer off busting REAL crime like meth labs and gang rapes and home invasions?

dont want everything to settle to the bottom, I understand:laugh:

Sorry to hear that Russ, see you guys need to obey all traffic laws at all times like I do. :whistle:

Seriously though, sounds as though he was very lenient with you.

Last edited:
Dammit Russ :rulez: Speeding is Agianst the LAW :whistle:

Thank God I was going 65 the Whole Way Down 168 to 80 :laugh:

PS: Do you Wright Books as a Hobby because I like the Way You Tell Things :bowdown:

Dammit Russ :rulez: Speeding is Agianst the LAW :whistle:

Thank God I was going 65 the Whole Way Down 168 to 80 :laugh:

PS: Do you Wright Books as a Hobby because I like the Way You Tell Things :bowdown:

May require that I submit to that written test you spoke of. :rulez: Save me those tests. :laugh:

I need to find an inexpensive hobby. Just about the time I've spent all I have on one, I dump it for another. :banghead:

D@RN wrist.....I have the same problem with mine..... :oldcool:

seek a lawyer. He can help in ways you wouldn't believe. I got out of my ticket and the officer was right behind me.

I too, enjoy your gift with words. However, a good traffic attorney may be in order. My record is clean for the past ten years due to keeping a very successful traffic attorney's card in my wallet. Not cheap, but what's a clean record worth?

A little story as to one of my comical experiences with the local Highway Patrol. I was cruising along a somewhat lightly used state highway on a sunny afternoon when I rounded a 35 mph corner onto a mile long straight stretch of smooth asphalt and meet a State Trooper with a side kick in the right seat. As we passed on this lonely stretch of outback highway neither of the patrolmen would look at me. I was sure the gent in the right seat was a trainee as he was very young.

I had this funny feeling this wise and well experienced trooper was about to show his trainee how to put a sneak attack into operation on a non suspecting motorcylist. So,,,,,,,,,, as soon as the trooper was out of sight around the corner, I made an immediate Uturn and guess what, I met the same trooper in the middle of the corner I had only seconds before watched him disappear in. And this time he glared right at me as we passed and I smiled as I gave him a friendly wave while holding back the urge to give him the one finger salute :tongue4:

I giggled about that little encounter for the rest of the day. I would love to have been a mouse in the corner when the man in blue says to his trainee, "Let me show you a little manuver that works every time"! :moon:

I hate getting the "tickets-to-the-judge". Most times though I really deserve 'em. There was a situation here in New York where a State Trooper crashed his vechile in pursuit of a high speed biker. The end result was a dead trooper and the biker convicted of homicide--not a good ending for each.

Hey, Russ...sorry to hear about your incident...

Nice to know, though, that you got off rather lightly... And kudos to you for your eloquent dissertation!

seek a lawyer. He can help in ways you wouldn't believe. I got out of my ticket and the officer was right behind me.

+1
That's what I always do. Still have to pay the "court costs", but get out of the license points and :laugh:ing insurance agents.

That's because we are of no use, and they need to legalize all drugs and fire all of us :rofl:

Back