Driving award!!

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I got a driving award a few weeks back, i was on my friends '04 ZX10, we were goin a bit fast.... anyway he wrote me for operating out of class, my permit had expired. On the supporting deposition he gave me with the ticket the bike info is wrong, says the bike is an '01, they didnt make zx10's in '01.

Whats the deal on getting tickets dismissed because it has the wrong information on it? Is it worth the time and trouble? Thanks

Won't work to0 well in Cali. Dont know about NY
I tried the "Technicality" thing once and they didnt care what year the bike was made, they only cared that is was speeding today.
Sorry, hope it works out better for you though.
Bubba

Last edited:
I got a driving award a few weeks back, i was on my friends '04 ZX10, we were goin a bit fast.... anyway he wrote me for operating out of class, my permit had expired. On the supporting deposition he gave me with the ticket the bike info is wrong, says the bike is an '01, they didnt make zx10's in '01.

Whats the deal on getting tickets dismissed because it has the wrong information on it? Is it worth the time and trouble? Thanks

In SC traffic violations are worked by magistrates. Some might tell the officer to amend the ticket to correct a minor issue, but depending on the judge it could get the ticket tossed. I would check with someone local about it or hire a lawyer. With a lawyer I can see it getting thrown out. Your decision.

Very true. a lawyer might be able to convince a judge that if the LEO cant get the year of the bike right, he's sloppy. and if hes sloppy, maybe he misread his radar gun or had it aimed at the wrong thing and ticketed the wrong person.

The info on what you are driving is not that important, whats important is your personal info and the reason that u got pull over. If i was the cop i would let you go if you were driving a busa, but i would give you the ticket just cause you were riding a kawy. ???

Won't happen

In SC traffic violations are worked by magistrates. Some might tell the officer to amend the ticket to correct a minor issue, but depending on the judge it could get the ticket tossed. I would check with someone local about it or hire a lawyer. With a lawyer I can see it getting thrown out. Your decision.

A lawyer can make the ticket go away. But it won't be based on the year being wrong.

get the endorsement before you go to court. at least it will show your desire to set things right and you might just get court costs and be done with it

I think the vehicle info only matters if you can use it to make a case that the officer was incorrect about something else crucial in the case. If it's just a typo/technicality/nit pick, you'll probably just piss off the court and get less leniency. That said, I would consult a legal professional that works in the court system where you'll be defending.

You would need to bring the document he copied the vehicle information from in order to prove the officer doeasn't pay attention to details. There's a typo on my insurance card that shows my 05 as on 04. The SSN on the wife's insurance card is missing a number. So you need ot make sure of all of the documents before you begin a defence that attacks the credibility of the officer. He comes into court with more credability than you do because he is a LEO.

Same thing happened to me once...I showed up in court on the appointed day, told the judge my story - that I had inadvertantly let my license lapse, then showed him my renewal. I made an apology, and promised to be more vigilent from then on, and the judge dismissed all charges.

CW

Back