Got a driving award today

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I was half way through my 800 km drive, coming back from Fort McMurray Alberta, and got caught in a check stop. No big deal, papers please sir. I grabbed the papers, he went away, came back with a tax grab for 172.00, insurance card expired a few days ago. I assured him that I had the new one in the truck, just had to find it.

"sorry Sir, it's been happening all day today, everyone is pissed and everyone is getting a ticket that does not immediatel produce. Have a safe day. Buckle your seatbelt again or I will give you another one"

This is a new Sheriff, 21 yr old punk with a gun. I said I had the card, give me a minute. He said I could go to court (2000 km from home) to fight it if I wanted. He would not give me any time, said he could not wait there were other vehicles waiting. About that time, my son was out of the truck trying to help me find the missing card, and slammed his hand in the door, hard. I asked the cop to give me a ice pack for his hand, his answer was "I dont have any, go to that convenience store up the road" so off we went. I was not about to settle for this sh1t, so I got Kyle all bandaged up, drove back, and grabbed Mr. Happy for one last kick. I told him I found the card, it was stuck in the back of the glove box, and if he gave me half an hour I would tear out the dash and produce it. He saw my EMS kit in the door, asked if I was Fire/Rescue, and said he is suprised someone doing it so long would not have proper paperwork. OOOOHHHH wrong answer.

Anyway, I went a little red, he asked for my ticket, and I told him to write on it that he had confirmed valid insurance, that he did not have time to wait for me to produce, but he put it in his pocket and told me to have a nice day.

I listen to you guys. When he gave me the ticket, I thanked him, thinking that would work. No.
I tried to get on his better side by talking to him, getting him to smile. Hell no.
I tried to get him to give me a break, close to 20 years no ticket, and fire rescue kit in plain view in the door.
F**k No!
Apparently all it took was patience and having enough time to wear him down.
Little peckerhead.

Nice ending to what could have been a chitty day.
AND- I will be home tomorrow, with $172.00 in my pocket, might have to get some nooky bait for the wife, for the weekend!
zzwhip.gif

Nice just make sure he took the ticket out of the system because i got pulled in december i just bought a new care and was putting my old stereo headunit in and took for a ride the cop said he gave me a warning for not having proof of insurance on me because i was half a block from my house well 2 months later i got a letter in the mail saying my liscense was suspended for not paying a ticket and when i went to the court house to try and figure out what happened i found out i coulden't fight the ticket because i didn't come in within the 30 day time limit but why would i come in if it is just a warning long story short i carrieed out in handcuffs for yelling at the "pleasent woman" behind the counter anywase just make sure they did take it out of the system before you wind up screwed on a suspended liscense

since we are honeymooning I dont need to buy anything, but I would imagine she wouldn't mind a little suprise

Perhaps the LEO's could lend an opinion on this one. Where did that serialized, computer generated carbon-copy ticket "go"?
rock.gif

Ken your lucky, Was it your insurance that was expired or your registration? Here in Calgary and same anywhere in Alberta if you cannot provide proof of current insurance you get your automatic $2500 fine and your vehicle gets impounded. Here in Calgary all the cops, fire fighters and EMS have stickers they put in their windows showing they work for which ever dept. I'm sure that helps getting out of tickets when something like that is visible, maybe try that? Good stuff though getting out of the ticket
smile.gif

In my state that ticket automatically goes away if proof of insurance is provided in court. It's frustrating standing on the side of the road with someone for 5 minutes to find license, registration, and insurance information. IMHO folks do that to piss me off. If someone finds there stuff when I return to the car I void the ticket, hopefully that's what this guy did. I would darn make sure before the court date. I've seen other officers that give you a few minutes while at the window, but once they write the ticket, politely tell you to bring it to court.

Have your stuff where you can put your hands on it quick. It helps believe it or not if you hand the officer those three items when they come to the window.

(cosmo @ Jul. 06 2007,10:37) Perhaps the LEO's could lend an opinion on this one. Where did that serialized, computer generated carbon-copy ticket "go"?
rock.gif
I run a line from corner to corner and write void in huge letters along that line. It gets turned in with all the other paperwork. Every ticket has to be accounted for.

(CalgaryBusa @ Jul. 06 2007,23:24) Ken your lucky, Was it your insurance that was expired or your registration? Here in Calgary and same anywhere in Alberta if you cannot provide proof of current insurance you get your automatic $2500 fine and your vehicle gets impounded. Here in Calgary all the cops, fire fighters and EMS have stickers they put in their windows showing they work for which ever dept. I'm sure that helps getting out of tickets when something like that is visible, maybe try that? Good stuff though getting out of the ticket
smile.gif
the Sheriff called my insurance company, hoping that he could write a 2500 fine I am sure. I would NEVER drive without insurance or registration, and would definately never do anything to piss off a LEO. It was just a case of lost paperwork.

Glad you got out of the ticket. Don't always work that way, but glad it worked for you.

Back