My palms hurt.

bad body position. You should be able to "float" your hands on the grips - no weight. Arms shoud be able to move freely - relaxed.

I had the same problem, I gathered the same advice. #1Work on supporting yourself more upright with your back to relieve weight on the hands. #2 loosen your grip, Hold them like eggs. #3 if your as cheap as me and dont want to spend alot of dough just to be able to comfortably ride youre machine, Wrap the grips to youre liking with Easton baseball bat grip to make them softer and larger so you dont have to squeeze your hand around those little bitty stock grips, They were designed by 5'5" 150 lb asians. my 2 cents

+1 on all of the above mentioned solutions. Try a throttle rocker too! Cheap solution with good ROI!
beerchug.gif

Stay off the back of the seat and get your nuts up on the tank.

Er, uh, yeah. Worked for me at 6'3"
Even ditched the heli-bars and went back to stock.

NUTS on the Tank seems to work for me.
bluegrab.gif
Also taking off the Gloves as Much as I Hated too do Helped me Alot. Now I get No Pain. Although My Index, Thumb, and Middle Finger Fall Asleep.
SHOCKED.gif

I figured WTF.... I can still Brake with the Other TWO
all_coholic.gif

Get a Tobin seat to lower you about 1" in the saddle, same as raising handlebars in relative position. If that makes your feet too close to you (cramped leg position) you can put Buell pegs on that will lower your feet 2".

If that isn't upright enough yet, get a Genmar or one of the less expensive alternatives like Pingel spacers ($50ish) to raise the bars up.

One or more of the above should help. If you do them all and are not happy, trade in for an M109!
biggrin.gif

M109R2K8.jpg

I have the same problem, and now realize that since I am 5'7" tall I tend to lean further forward.  I grip the handle to hard and due to a back injury years ago, I have trouble holding myself up.  After some time and retraining to have a lighter grip and the boys hugging the tank, with more of an abb flex, my hands have stopped falling asleep and the pain in the forarm does not happen anymore.  

I was to cheap for mods  
beerchug.gif

I tried bending my arms more on the ride to work today to release pressue, it seems to work although now my back hurts
crazy.gif
Must be part of that aging thing.

I'll try the balls of my feet on the way home. Although I'm not used to it, so it feels weird...

Or maybe, I should ride the bike more to gain strength in the right places...
smile.gif

Back