Hurting hands

Yes talking about Heli Bars. I do have a taller touring windshield but it did not help much plus I did not like the looks. I do have grip puppies which do help. I am now used to the stock set up. It works for me since like you I do not take really long rides.

I'm going to look into a set of grip puppies myself, I found the throttle rest to help a bit but it is hard to regulate my speed with that as all you have to do is hit a slight bump and it changes your speed...

i´m 6.4 tall and with busa´s standard bars my wrists hurting me heavily after less than 1/2 an hour and massively spoils my driving on .
only when going over 160 km/h the wind helps me to relieve my wrists .

so i decided to change the bars to a "superbike" bar.
this puts me a bit more upright and relieves that way my wrists.
no more issues with my wrists - ok - after 2-3 hours of riding the right hand is bit week
but then i stop for gas and afterwards i smoke a cigarette - giving my hand this way a little rest.

and high speed (over 260 km/h) is no big problem - the superbike bar i recommend is only 4 cm longer to each side, but some 20 mm higher.

OP, pretty sure u r putting ur weight on ur hands...it is the most natural feel, but wrong. U r supposed to pinch the tank with ur knees to take nearly all pressure away from the wrists. U will have exponentially more control, and ur wrists wont hurt as bad. Give it a try.
I am 6’2” and have lowed pegs and heli bars. Love them. Heli bars dont rise much, its more of the angle that helps. Again, if positioned correctly, the slight rise in bars shouldnt affect ur head height... unless u lock ur elbows.
I also use grip buddies (puppies) on nearly every bike I have owned. They make a fatter grip which makes it easier to relax the hand. Def try a set.
I get that numbness from time to time to, and I suspect everybody does so dont give up! I attribute it to being rusty myself.
Good luck,
Teoy

Back