My nightmare continues

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
So I got 2 of 3 boxes today that contained my fairings. Dayum, I've been waiting to ride since August. And I'm finally gonna have it on the road soon, right? Not so much. I pulled the front cowling out of the box and right away I felt something wrong. Pulled the packing material off and started gettin tears in my eyes. The part of the front cowling directly below the headlight hole is broken. Not cracked but actually broken. That's what I noticed right away. I set it down to open the other box without looking at it further. I just looked at it closer and noticed that there is a scratch right above where the mirror goes, down to the plastic. Also, the small piece that sits below the windscreen is pulled away from the cowling, about 50% of it. The pix below tell the tale

Then I do a quick check of the tank and open the other box and inspect the side fairings. The tank has several small scratches on the front of it. The left side fairing has a scratch down to the plastic, just short of a half inch long. The right side also has damage to the paint but it's minor enough that I can probably buff it out. I'm not all that worried about the fairings or the tank. I can deal with those issues but the front is just unbelievable.

On a positive note, except where it is damaged the paint looks absolutely fantastic. Rusty(frootloops on EBC) did a terrific job. Major props Rusty
clap.gif
clap.gif

Here's the pix of the front cowling.....

Scratch

HPIM1950__Small_.JPG

clap.gif

Ok were these on the bike when it went to the chrome shop? Or did you send it out for paint and got it back damaged?

Ok were these on the bike when it went to the chrome shop? Or did you send it out for paint and got it back damaged?
After the chrome started coming off, a member on EBC(frootloops) stepped up and offered to paint them. BigGeorge paid for paint and shipping both ways. The plastics were in perfect condition when frootloops shipped them to me, sadly they didnt get here in perfect condition

Will I ever get a friggin break?
banghead.gif

Sam,
When Bessie decided to show me who was the boss, the split the nose down the left side... Grandpabusa used JBWeld to fix 'er up and she is allgood; after the paint, you can't tell the difference. Maybe you can fix it and send it back for the nose?

Also, can you claim mail insurance?

Sam,
When Bessie decided to show me who was the boss, the split the nose down the left side... Grandpabusa used JBWeld to fix 'er up and she is allgood; after the paint, you can't tell the difference.  Maybe you can fix it and send it back for the nose?

Also, can you claim mail insurance?
Me, Rusty and George are looking at our options. The boxes were each insured for $500 each. Rusty already started a claim so we'll see what UPS does. Worse case, I'm gonna have to send it back to Texas and let Rusty fix it and then re-paint it.

I always take pics of boxes that arrive before I open them in case something like this. If the box had crush marks or was noted as damageed when arrived you should be good on you claim.

Sorry you keep this saga going...hope it looks up for you soon.
beerchug.gif

You can not pack good enough when using the Cowboys at UPS. Double boxing is required for plastics.

At least it was insured and I would demand full value for each piece damaged.

The saga continues. Sorry to read this Sam. I take it that the azz clown at XXX is done with this dilemma.

r8

You can not pack good enough when using the Cowboys at UPS. Double boxing is required for plastics.

The saga continues. Sorry to read this Sam. I take it that the azz clown at XXX is done with this dilemma.

r8
Haven't heard anything from the XXX dumb dumbs. Although I did get a copy of a letter that was sent to them from the Dept of Ag and Trade. It was quite interesting. It stated that they were in violation of WI law and could be prosecuted by both myself and the state of WI.
whistling.gif

r8
That's why I always prefer to use FedEx. I thought you did too, and you had an account with them?

r8
That's why I always prefer to use FedEx. I thought you did too, and you had an account with them?
Limited service here Sam. No FedX office. Usually use USPS.

So what's next? Claim then repaint?

r8

Back