They dropped my baby

Chemmy

Registered
So I took my bike after waiting two years to ride it and put on upgrades i purchased a year ago to the shop to have them put on. i get a call the next day saying it was done but the porter dropped my bike cause he isnt used to sportbikes. scratched my right fairing, front wheel cover, broken foot peg, scratched the hell out of my new gsxr 1000 mirror i installed. a week ago amd my brand new Brocks exhaust can. I was beyond pissed but they said its rideable and i can take it home and they will be replacing not repairing, replacing every piece that shows damage. so itll prolly be a week before my parts come in but damn now i have to run around town with scuff marks all over the place like im a squid rider and laid his bike over.

but at least it sounds awesome lol.

yo i got pissed just reading your post like it was my bike .i know 1 thing they would never get her again. order the ill pick them up and do it myself

Ya im still mad about them dropping your bike...
But it sounds like its going to turn out good with new parts..thats better than most places that dont want to do anything.
Do u get to keep your old parts? I would..
Plus charge them labor fees for your time putting the new parts on...lol..hay this is starting to sound better and better..
I would really look at every little part to make sure nothing else dont need replaced..

Damn its really pissing off. Somebody else messing up your prized possession. Although i am happy that they have agreed to replace every part that is damaged i would hold on to the celebrations till they actually hand over / install the parts on the bike. Hope they stay up on their word .

as a mechanic thats ridiculous that a porter dropped your bike... its one thinking putting on or taking it off a lift, transporting it to/from you or scratching something while working on it because accidents happen but seriously a porter dropping your bike... WTF a sportbike is no harder to move around than a harley

Man I dropped mine in the garage moving it go get a pressure washer out! Funny thing is I put it on the kickstand and went inside the house. After I was inside I heard it fall over. Man I about puked. My bike didn't even have 700 Miles on it. I'm not new to bikes at all, guess I just didn't extend my kickstand all the way. It sucks when a bike goes down! Insurance paid $4600.00 to get it fixed. Turns out a stock can is around $1300.00 Can you say replace with Brock's AH! Hope you get your bike back and its better than before!

don't worry about it my friend. i will be happy to trade smoked ribs and whiskey for your scratched parts. :beerchug:
having your bike dropped at the shop is no big deal. just the risk you take when you take it to a shop.
my friend (that works at a shop) dropped and put a small dent in my limited addition, #67, 1st year Dyna, Sturgis addition, W/ 6500mi on it. :banghead:

they fixed it, no big deal.

:poke: now i get to tease him every time i drop it off.." don't drop it this time!" . :thumbs:

Your lucky it didn't fall off the lift:whistle:

"i get a call the next day saying it was done but the porter dropped my bike cause he isnt used to sportbikes"

Well then maybe he should go back to the auto dealership???

Damn! That makes me sick to my stomach. the least they could do is give you a loner bike till they fix it.

Man I dropped mine in the garage moving it go get a pressure washer out! Funny thing is I put it on the kickstand and went inside the house. After I was inside I heard it fall over. Man I about puked. My bike didn't even have 700 Miles on it. I'm not new to bikes at all, guess I just didn't extend my kickstand all the way. It sucks when a bike goes down! Insurance paid $4600.00 to get it fixed. Turns out a stock can is around $1300.00 Can you say replace with Brock's AH! Hope you get your bike back and its better than before!

Search Kickstand mod and do it. Makes it more difficult for it come off kickstand.

Chemmy this sucks but as asked I would insist on keeping all scratched parts and sell them for MORE MOD money :)
Or better yet when parts come in since they will all be separate when they call just tell them your on the way and show up without bike. Pick up parts and go put them on at home.

Sounds like they are willing to make it righ tto the extent that they can. Proper way to handle it.

That sucks! Soon after I bought my 09 I had it on a hydraulic motorcycle lift and I guess I was applying the wax with to much pressure as it tipped off the stand in slow motion on the grass.. Damage estimate was around 4200.00 Insurance cut me a check for 3800, dont even ask what happened while it was at the dealership.

^^^dammit, now I just gotta know what happened at the dealership!!!!

I dropped my Bella last week....was rolling her back into the garage, just off idle, slipping the clutch to get around the car when I leaned a bit too much. tried to save her but broke my right hand a week earlier so had no strength in it, at least not enough to keep her up. I REALLY NEED TO GET FRAME SLIDERS!!! couldnt believe all that scuffed from JUST falling on her side. and since my hand was already broke, couldnt beat anything to make it better.....:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: anyone know where I can find 06' limited edition graphics? lol

You may want to think about leaving it there until all of the work is complete. If you take it now, you risk the chance of them NOT replacing something and trying to say that it was damage that happened between the porter dropping it and you bringing it back in. I would also require them to have all of the replacement parts RUSH delivered.

That sux...I had the same thing happen to mine a couple months ago when I was getting tires changed. Thank God for frame sliders. Bad thing was, the guys at the shop tried to cover the scratches on the slider with a black magic marker. They tried to deny it first but finally fessed up to it and blamed it on their swingarm stand not being designed for a stretched arm, which caused the bike to fall over.

I hope you had them make a list if you have taken it to ride. Like someone else said they might try to get away with out fixing things they tore up without a list. I hope they are people of their word. Best of luck.

Back