Dropped my bike again!

Bergster

Donating Member
Registered
I'm having a run of bad luck or something. I've had bikes for years and never dropped one of them. My last bike was a honda blackbird and I rode the snot out of it for three years, and never dropped it. I've had my Busa now for less than 6 months and its been down twice.
mad.gif
Once in my drive, 0 mph and now on the road in the grass. The lower is on back order which is a good thing because I would have scuffed it up again. I was going down a road I haven't been on for about 6 months. They changed the end of the road since I was on it last. It used to come strait up to a stop sign that you could see for about a half mile off. It was a weird intersection that was kind of hard to see one direction. They fixed the hard to see part but now theres a 90 degree turn and then a stop so you can't see the stop coming down the road. Of course I was speeding late at night looking for the stop sign, and there it was. I hit the brakes, guess I got it slowed to about 40ish before I hit the grass. Went down on the right side and started sliding. Picked it up went home, started looking at it and noticed the tank has a dent in it. Not bad but noticeable and my knee hurts pretty bad so I guess I wacked it. Nothing else appears to be damaged that wasn't damaged on the first fall except the tank. Any ideas on pulling the dent back out without a body shop? If not I guess I'll be ordering a new tank as well.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: "typos"|1128965750 -->

bent_tank.jpg

Don't sweat it dude... Fixing it up is half the fun and dropping the bike is part of the game... Many of us try to be that one person to never drop a bike, but it just never seems to work out...

I dropped mine at 0MPH putting it on the rear stand in the spring to put the turbo stuff on it...
sad.gif
I was pissed too, but just grateful it didn't happen with the turbo stuff on it...;

Cloud

I feel for you bro. Dropped mine at the end of the first month and totalled it at the end of the second month. When looking at it from my perspective you are lucky.
As for your dented tank you could try to use one of the suction cup pullers sold at Autozone.

pressurize the tank if it dont pop on its own , take a small rubber mallet and TAP! around the outside of the dent . if you dont have any luck take it off and go to a body shop they should be able to get it to pop back for minimal cost . good luck

I feel for you, bro! Hopefully your luck will change and definitely glad you are okay.

I know shid happens but its getting old
sad.gif
the parts from the first drop are not even all in and it happens again. I need a break. I need to be working on other stuff but I can't let the Busa sit in the garage all broke up.

Good thing u did not get hurt and doent feel bad I dropped mine at 0 mph 2 hours after leaving the dealership. Also I have found out on vehicles that the dent king works very well. So that might work as well on the tank.

Its going to happen sooner or later . At least you got it out of the way . I dropped mine in the driveway 2 weeks after having it . Glad you're OK.

NOT FUN! I KNOW THE FEELING MYSELF. ATLEAST YOUR O.K. IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT EXPENSIVE TO FIX UP.
wow.gif

Sorry to hear you dropped her again. good to hear you weren't hurt. Dropped mine two weeks after purchase, left the dang brake lock in place and rolled forward. Brake lock is now MIA in a field somewhere.
laugh.gif

Back