Dropped the 'busa today

BusaBill

Donating Member
Registered
I'm hatin' life right now, but I guess it could be worse. I had my bike parked in a friends driveway and it somehow found it's way onto its left side. The mirror got scratched, the clutch lever broke and i have some scratches on the fairing and muffler. The clutch lever is easily replaced and I was gettin' new cans to replace the stock ones anyway but what about this paint job? Anybody dealt with this before? I was thinkin' about paintin' it all black since I have to repaint it anyway now...how much does it cost to have a bike painted?

I'm completing the body & asthetics on a dismantled Busa. Of course the $ will depend on the complexity and quality of the job you want. Mono color is the most inexpensive way to go.

There are plenty of debates on this and I'll probably get filks all fired up but make sure your painter has done plastic bikes in the past and make sure he uses a flex agent in the paint.

As far as hard #'s go, you're probably looking at a minimum of 6-800 and up.

Good luck

Wow, I didn't think it would be that much for a bike, theres not much to paint.  Anybody know of a good place to start looking for aftermarket mirrors and does anyone know if the mirrors or levers from any other bikes would fit? Oh yeah, and maybe a center stand so hopefully this won't happen again...can you put a center stand on a bike if you are going to lower it? Would you run into the same problems as you do with the side stand like shortening?

<!--EDIT|BlueBusa04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079912310 -->

Wow, I didn't think it would be that much for a bike, theres not much to paint.  Anybody know of a good place to start looking for aftermarket mirrors and does anyone know if the mirrors or levers from any other bikes would fit?
From my experience aftermarket mirrors are not as good a quality as stock mirrors. Glass is not as good and mounting/vibration dampening is not as good.

You can get aftermarket levers (My clutch was $18) from any dirtbike shop. They will have to order them fro Tucker Rockey or some other supplier but the levers are listed.

Purchasing the paint for the bike is a major expense. You are looking at at least $300 just for the supplies. It is not like house paint or rattle cans. Plus any good painter will spend hours on prep and after work also.

Sorry bro, it ain't gonna be cheap.

Wow, I didn't think it would be that much for a bike, theres not much to paint.  Anybody know of a good place to start looking for aftermarket mirrors and does anyone know if the mirrors or levers from any other bikes would fit?  Oh yeah, and maybe a center stand so hopefully this won't happen again...can you put a center stand on a bike if you are going to lower it?  Would you run into the same problems as you do with the side stand like shortening?
Paint for the whole bike can go a lot higher. When you get into Kandies Peals etc. You are talking $1500.00 and up for a complete paint job. Unless you do it yourself. You can have it touched up for far less. Dought very muych that you could get a center stand under the bike if you lower it. You can fix the kick stand though.

Ya know, it seems that every time someone has dropped their busa lately there has been a "friend" involved. I'm startin' to think it's not such a bad thing not to have any friends! Hehehehehe...
laugh.gif

Sorry about the bike, dude. The others are right about paint. Not cheep unless you have a buddy in the business or some other sort of hook up. I'm thinkin' $1200 and up for a good quality repaint changin' colors on a busa. A LOT of prep work goes into it. Also, as was already mentioned, materials alone can cost $300 or even more.

In this case, if you don't want to spend the bucks, or can't spend the bucks to get it done right I think you'd be better off buyin' a stock replacement fairing to match yer stock colors. Or, you could have the stock piece repaired and painted.

Hey, I'll give you 50 bucks for that old scratched up stock body! Heck, I'll even pay for shipping!

All i can say is EBAY but it might be too early to find that new of a fairing so i dont know what to tell you ronayers.com never did me wrong though

Kathy at A&B Extreme Suzuki can get you new lower for about $450.00. I have a 03 silver and grey. When the 04's came out I was taken with the black and purple. So a call to Kathy and I will have new plastic Wed. Total including shipping from Ohio to Cali was $2300.00. May have been able to get custom for less?? but with this it's off and on. And I have the stock set in case.......

Damn new bike and you want to completly paint it you shold just buy a new fairing.
That 04 black & blue looks awesome

Not sure about a regular paint job, but a custom paint job can run between $2500.00 and $5000.00 This is from someone who just had theirs done..

heck...just spray paint the darn thing....
wow.gif

heheh....kiddin dood...totally kiddin

I just got mine painted (by a friend) and including supplies it cost me 500$. So I got lucky. If you are at all interested in painting, I would say to buy the supplies and then spend the money that you were going to spend on painting the bike on a descent gun (if you already have a compressor) and air/oil seperator and do it your self! You could even make a little money on the side if you are into that kind of stuff. I just got most of the stuff that I need to start painting. I am going to start practicing and painting on the side if I am any good that is.

Sorry to hear about your bike. The first thing I would do is the kickstand mod. Make that baby go farther ahead so you have way less of a chance of a repeat. The mod is on the website somewhere.

Back