"Knockin the new off my Busa"

JZ1

Registered
Well, I've done it. My brand new bus has hit the ground. It only has 750 miles on it and it's 3 weeks old.

I was washing and waxing it for a photo shot last night. We're updating our website and need some updated pictures. After washing it, I began to wipe down any excess water. The bike was in my driveway, which has a 6% slope, I turn the wheel opposite the side stand and the damn thing rolled forward and BAM!

Damage includes a broke clutch lever, broke mirror, the left lower has noticable scratches on both the silver and grey painted areas. And a couple scratches on the muffler. Damn it, I've been riding for over 20 years and I know better then to park my ride on a downward slope. Dah...

Anyway, with that said, does anyone have a '02 left side lower with the silver/grey color scheme.

I need the boards assistance with repairing my ride. I've already order a touch-up pen from Color-Rite, but I want to eventually replace the piece. Please let me know.

Help out guys.

JZ1

Thanks guys.

Our website still needs to be updated. So, my photos from yesterday won't be on the site until it's updated..?? Our site ishttp://www.ridesmartmotorcycle.com

We're an MSF school in Phoenix, my brother and I run the school. That's why this little mishap is bothering me so much...I know better.

Any help with finding a lower will be greatly appreciated.

JZ1

There is a post somewhere here about doing a stand mod that will allow it to lean a bit more and hopefully prevent this from happening again.

Sorry to hear about it, at least you were not under it!

smile.gif

Hotnuts,

Your right. My 2 1/2 year old was almost under it. She enjoys helping daddy with his bike. By the grace of god she wasn't...

I'm a centerstand kind of guy. I've owned several bikes with centerstands, and I've become somewhat spoiled. I've recently purchased the Suzuki OEM stand for the Bus, but haven't installed it. It requires removing the entire exhaust system, radiator, oil cooler and both lowers. Alot of work, no time right now.

But I appreciate the suggestions.

JZ1

Sorry to hear about that, JZ1! You might check out eBay for some of the pieces you are looking for or classified section of this board!

...I've recently purchased the Suzuki OEM stand for the Bus, but haven't installed it.  It requires removing the entire exhaust system, radiator, oil cooler and both lowers...
Ummm, why would you have to remove the radiator, oil cooler and full exhaust just to install a dang center stand?
rock.gif

Hotnuts,

Your right. My 2 1/2 year old was almost under it. She enjoys helping daddy with his bike. By the grace of god she wasn't...

I'm a centerstand kind of guy. I've owned several bikes with centerstands, and I've become somewhat spoiled. I've recently purchased the Suzuki OEM stand for the Bus, but haven't installed it. It requires removing the entire exhaust system, radiator, oil cooler and both lowers. Alot of work, no time right now.

But I appreciate the suggestions.

JZ1
r u kidding!
i was thinking of buying a center stand since i don't have a garage to store a bike stand.
But if I have to do all this work to install it, well forget it.
sad.gif

Not to kick a man when he is down.......but perhaps this will help the next person ?

When you use the stocker kickstand, put stand down then ALWAYS put her in 1st Gear and PUSH BIKE forward until the movement stops, THEN get off the bike. I have done this religiously and have no fear when I leave my baby unattended. See no need for the mod either since the stand already goes forward some when engaged.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your bus. Yeah, the kickstand mod is a must. A dremel tool and 10 minutes is all it takes.

I dropped my Busa just weeks after getting it too...opted to just replace plastic by ordering pieces from my dealer...the side panels, painted, run right around $400...the nose piece is about the same...then, sell off the damaged pieces for someone else to paint...recoup some of your cost...

Sorry about the drop, but I'm so glad your daughter wasn't there when it happened...

Hey,

The instructions for installation for the OEM Centerstand recommends removing the radiator/oil cooler but removing the entire exhaust is require to access the mounting bracket beneath the frame.

Michelle, thanks for the info. One question, the $400.00, was that for both lowers or the price per lower? I may opt to replace with new, painted lower from dealer.

Thanks again for everyone thoughts.

Jimmy

Welcome to the club!!!

Sorry to hear about your bike going over. Isn't that loud crunch the most sickening sound you've ever heard?

I think we need a class action lawsuit against Suzuki due to their piss poor sidestand design.

My 2 month old '04 went over in the driveway less than 2 weeks ago. I've owned nothing but Hondas for the past 20 years and not one has ever touched the ground. All it takes is an inch of forward movement and the Busa is going over. I doubt I'll ever buy another Suzuki product again.

The solid color panels are slightly cheaper than the two tone.
My Blue/Silver panels should be arriving from ronayers.com any day now. The left lower cowl and the upper cowl cost me $841 total from them.

End broke off my clutch lever too...it's cheap to replace at $34. Back of my mirror is scuffed up and I plan to get a mint used one off of ebay, lots of people replace their stock mirror with carbon fiber mirrors. Ebay also has a ton of the EMGO aftermarket oem style mirrors but I hear the quality is pure garbage.

Yep...they whole deal SUCKS and right after it happened I kept expecting to wake up from a bad dream.

You only need to remove slipons and loose header part of exhaust to put on centerstand. The only reason for this is to put bolt in that holds centerstand on. Not that big a of a deal.

You can also check <a href="www.ronayers.com">Ron Ayers<a>. They have discounted prices on OEM parts.

Back