Trashed my BUSA

BRUDEH

Registered
As if things cant get any worse, I dropped my busa yesterday. I am sick to my stomach to say least. Left house mad, the tires were cold and when I tried to stop it was like I was on ice. Back tire locked up I started to drift into grass, I was able to keep it out of ditch, as the ass end come around the bike hit the pavement again and through me off other side. No damage to me other than my ego. Leather jacket saved my back and eldow.

Damage: Right side scratched bad from front to tail section, front brake lever snapped off, bent handle bar, broke bar end off, broke right foot peg off, trashed right Yosh can, bent passenger peg, broke chrome shield, right mirror scratched.

Looks like the side panel with need replacing does not look like it could be saved. Didnt break it but it has some deep scratches and shaved it down a little.

Happened at end of my street, was able to slowly ride it home, other than cosmetic  doesn't seem to have any other damage.

<!--EDIT|BRUDEH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096237921 -->

Sorry to hear you crashed your busa man. I crashed one the same way last fall. Except mine was much worse. You just got a slow speed high side. Everyone told me, including Mike Sullivan who runs a racing school here, to stay off the rear brake unless I was among the elete who knew how to slide it into corners. I have since mentally nailed my right foot to the foot pet and never use the rear brake unless I'm stopped at a light on a hill. I'd guess 90% of the highsides begin with the use of the rear brake. The other 10% begin by too much power coming out of a corner and breaking the rear tire loose. On the track spinning the tire is the biggest culpret but on the streets, most guys have no idea about how much trouble they can get into by getting on the rear brake? But like you and I, some of us learn the hard way! I may have some of the parts laying around the garage to help you put your scooter back into shape. I'll check to see just what's there. Sorry about your scooter man!

Sorry to hear about it! I went down last month, still trying to get ebay parts together to put her back together!

Glad your ok...
evil.gif

Very sorry to hear about your high-side, thank goodness it wasn't worse and you were not seriously hurt. Your pride and your bike can be repaired. You've reminded us of an important lesson ... take it easy on those rear brakes.

Sorry to here about your misfortune. But it could be a lot worse, but I know from exp., that don,t make you feel any better.
sad.gif

I hate to hear when that happens. Glad you were okay. The bike can be repaired, but remember that part of riding is making sure you are in the right mental attitude before you get out there. It's all good though. Now the mods can really take effect!

Thanks for the kind words, the customize will begin or should I say continue. Just a minor set back. UUbusa I live in Chesterfield, Va.

This brings up a good point: Never hop on your Busa when you're feeling an extreme mood, nor when you are tired or just wake up. I almost dropped my 84 Ninja at an intersection because I was still out of it from a nap. When I got to where I was going, I went to put down my bike stand, which I just grazed instead of being able to push it down all the way. There were pebbles and poop where my left foot had to come down and you can guess the rest. I was devastated since everything I own was in perfect condition.
tounge.gif

I agree with everyone else i'm not gonna harp on you about riding with an attitude I think you have learned that doesn't work well on the psychie. I am glad that you are ok and you know you will just bring that busa back sweeter than it already was.
JC

Back