My HID got me sprayed!

eynlai

Registered
Riding home tonight from my GF in San Diego. Going up the 5 Fwy. I know my HID is bright. Behind a SUV in the "Fast" lane. Guess he was pissed my HID was that bright. He squirted his windshield wash on his blinged out black SUV and gave face full of water on my visor. AssH*le. Yeah, I accomodated by zipping pass him. AssH*le. Should've stuck out my left fist to take out that side mirror as I accelerated pass him

Could've been worst. Just thought I share so you guys are ready for this tactic of cagers spraying us and are not startled into a dangereous situation.

yeah what an a**hole to do it to a biker,,but i do have a squiter pointed backwards on my exploder,,for those a**holes that like to ride my bumper,,it workes pretty well,,on a buick regal that i used to have i had a flame thower exhaust mod done to the duel pipes ,,i roasted a few grills with that one,,it would cover the whole front of there vehical in flames,,i reserved that trick for the really bad a**holes that were persistant on rubing my bumber,,i loved it

The good news is at least he saw you! Hate to hear that tactic, though bro!

fuggers....
guns.gif

After he sprayed ya did you flash the high beam just to let him know that he was an ass? Then stay behind him for a good amount of time, just out of range of the squirters, off to his left side so that you are also hitting the side mirror getting him really good? Just a thought

That would have been nice to ride with the high beams on so that the suv driver would know that you just bright lights and need to be seen. Glad you got away without injury cause some drivers like to cut off bikes when you try to pass them.

actually don't think I was that close to him. Those windowshield washer sprays to throw quite a bit back, especially those garden hoses that they use as nozzles on some of the SUVs. I think it was more of the HID being so bright that bothered him/her. I didn't flash my highbeam because my lighting system is wired where the high is the constant on and the low beam is controlled with the "highbeam" switch for the HID. In my defense, when I did the wiring I already aimmed the highbeam low to the dirty. Well to car license plate level at about 25-30 feet. It's just how people are in So. Cal., especially L.A. The mentality here for most people are, "If I'm in the fast lane, there's nothing faster than me. Even if there is, I'm not going to move to let them pass. Especially if it's a biker.". You will find that mainly with guys, guys in those raced out cages with all those silly stickers, people in the "blinged out" SUVs, etc...

We may have the privilege of splitting lanes in California, but in So. Cal. we also have a lot of malice cagers.

yeah what an a**hole to do it to a biker,,but i do have a squiter pointed backwards on my exploder,,for those a**holes that like to ride my bumper,,it workes pretty well,,on a buick regal that i used to have i had a flame thower exhaust mod done to the duel pipes ,,i roasted a few grills with that one,,it would cover the whole front of there vehical in flames,,i reserved that trick for the really bad a**holes that were persistant on rubing my bumber,,i loved it
LOL

little button that releases something LOL!!! rather not say what it is but it is not nice but you tailgate you deserve it.

Should of put the highbeams on them, I do it all the time on a$$H@le$. But tailgaters I got something thats better for them.

i've thought about putting a little pump and resavoir under the truck with a squiter pointed about hood level full of brake fluid for the real a**holes that damn near try to run you over to get you to move,,i don't think they will like the results of the brake fluid on there nice shiny paint ,,i usually have my kids in my truck and i really don't like it when i can't even see the headlights of the car behind me,,i usually just let off the gas and start slowing down until they back off or change lanes,,i don't know about everyone else ,but it just curles my nerves when someone tailgats

i've thought about putting a little pump and resavoir under the truck with a squiter pointed about hood level full of brake fluid for the real a**holes that damn near try to run you over to get you to move,,i don't think they will like the results of the brake fluid on there nice shiny paint ,,i usually have my kids in my truck and i really don't like it when i can't even see the headlights of the car behind me,,i usually just let off the gas and start slowing down until they back off or change lanes,,i don't know about everyone else ,but it just curles my nerves when someone tailgats
NO NO NO, point it down at the road so it splaters up. hehehehehe....

Why not just use butane and a sparker?

Umjust a side note. Car manufacterers installing HID head lamps are required to also use an auto leveling device of some sort to prevent this kinda thing. SO, this is why you haven't seen a HID on a Bike yet. They are just too damn bright. So here's a thought... AIM YOUR HID!!!
laugh.gif

Sheesh... Gotta explain everything?
wink.gif

in my life time i have driven about 500 k miles (auto) 70k (bike)of all the stupid inconsiderate things i see on a daily basis,my 2 biggest gripes are,tailgaters,what's the point,i can only go as fast as the car in front of me and those who drive with there high beams on blinding everyone they get behind,just something to think about,i don't condone what the suv driver did,but i understand his/her frustration,i guess i am way in the minority here

Riding home tonight from my GF in San Diego.  Going up the 5 Fwy.  I know my HID is bright. Behind a SUV in the "Fast" lane.  Guess he was pissed my HID was that bright.  He squirted his windshield wash on his blinged out black SUV and gave face full of water on my visor.  AssH*le.  Yeah, I accomodated by zipping pass him.  AssH*le.  Should've stuck out my left fist to take out that side mirror as I accelerated pass him

Could've been worst.  Just thought I share so you guys are ready for this tactic of cagers spraying us and are not startled into a dangereous situation.
What works best is a left handful of pennies. Or 1/4 -20 bolts.

I've had the windshield washer treatment and that's nothing.

Cigarette butts and ashtray cleaning really pisses me off. Flicking ash out the window is bad too.

Riding home tonight from my GF in San Diego.  Going up the 5 Fwy.  I know my HID is bright. Behind a SUV in the "Fast" lane.  Guess he was pissed my HID was that bright.  He squirted his windshield wash on his blinged out black SUV and gave face full of water on my visor.  AssH*le.  Yeah, I accomodated by zipping pass him.  AssH*le.  Should've stuck out my left fist to take out that side mirror as I accelerated pass him

Could've been worst.  Just thought I share so you guys are ready for this tactic of cagers spraying us and are not startled into a dangereous situation.
What works best is a left handful of pennies. Or 1/4 -20 bolts.
i was goin to say bb's or marbles but they sound good too ! evil bikers in the northeast !

My HID are aimmed as low as it could be to still be effective. And I don't consider 2 car lengths to be tailgating. Some of you that are not riding in So. Cal. should keep your yappers shut until you see some of the malice drivers down here. Some of you are just blowing opinions out of your ass without a tissue wipe.

Back