Gen2 HID install

Have installed on/off switch to take care of starting the bike with HID's on,

Photo0047.jpg

Photo0054.jpg

Ordered my set off of ebay $32.95 both H7 and H9 in 6K!! 2 Year warranty no fine print:thumbsup:
90% of these HID's are coming from china and most likely costing the vendor less then
10 dollars.
Seems these HID's are getting very popular which a lot of vendors are jumping on the high
profit made from them. I have heard as much as 180 for a quote on quote "motorcycle" kit.

I should have made a lower offer. I bet they will sell the kit for 31.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.. for me it would end up. Can't finish all the fin in one night. What am i gona do.. just go in the garage, turn on the ignition and flip between high/low beams for 3 months?? hehe... Will do it soon i think.

Re: Blanca's new Granny Blinders....

I want to thank Blanca Busa for this thread in helping with my install. the pictures where super helpful. :thumbsup:

Re: Blanca's new Granny Blinders....

I'll be ordering my HID tomorrow. I was planning on doing low beam only since I very rarely use high beam. I'm torn between the DDM and E-bay Xentec HIDs.
The Xentec are 35W also right?
I'm kind of iffy on trimming mentioned for the DDMs... Do the Xentec involve cutting also?
For the price of a single DDM I could get the dual Xentec and have high beam too...
I feel like the lifetime warranty of DDM as opposed to 2 years of Xentec would also be easier to claim on.

any thoughts?

I can only offer an opinion on ddm. I like the lifetime warranty.
Others here have Xentec but I've got no knowledge of them.
You may as well get both hi and lo beams. Your gonna have it all apart, your gonna do all the work, it takes only another five minutes to do hi beam while your there and most of all your gonna wish you did as soon as you get it all back together.
Riding with both beams on day and night will greatly increase your chances of being seen. Some here have gotten kits from ddm and did not need to trim the bulb. If you do have to trim it it's easy.

Ordered my set off of ebay $32.95 both H7 and H9 in 6K!! 2 Year warranty no fine print:thumbsup:
90% of these HID's are coming from china and most likely costing the vendor less then
10 dollars.
Seems these HID's are getting very popular which a lot of vendors are jumping on the high
profit made from them. I have heard as much as 180 for a quote on quote "motorcycle" kit.

I should have made a lower offer. I bet they will sell the kit for 31.00

Hey lankeeyankee, did you have to trim the xentec like those who have ddm did? I too am torn between these two. Are they fitting right and tight into the housing? I guess like Blanca says trimming is easy but the cheaper price of xentec makes it worth considering.

Great install post Blanca. Thanks! When I tried to install the xenonking :banghead: $180 HIDs on my 08 two years ago I encountered difficulties removing the fairings and gave up. I then took it in to the stealer nearby and it cost me $250 for the install. It was painful to let all that money go on top of what I paid for the kit but I was afraid of making a more costly mess like I have in the past attempting DIY fixes on my car and other stuff. Even Greg from HPC quoted me $250 for the install.

I don't have my new bike yet. Its out there somewhere in a crate or someone's garage waiting for me to pick it up this summer.....left over or used Black 2011. However, I am stocking up on mods so when she comes I'll have everything ready to install :thumbup: Trying to decide between DDM and Xentec. Big ups to the org and I appreciate everyone here:)

So first take off two inner panels as well as chin skirt. Then two side panels.
Then remove windshield

I do not know what is wrong with me, but I am timid to just do these steps. I have removed all of the bolts and everything is still snug, what gives??? I dont want snap anything.... Do i have to remove all of the side body panels to do this??

I do not know what is wrong with me, but I am timid to just do these steps. I have removed all of the bolts and everything is still snug, what gives??? I dont want snap anything.... Do i have to remove all of the side body panels to do this??

There is an instruction video made even pinned... It also has rubber grommets that the body work pops into.. This is what most likely is confusing you; Pop Up press here push here and Woooo Lahhh off comes the body work... You removed all the bolts? What about the snap pins??? Read and watch the video if you dont know what your doing.

There is an instruction video made even pinned... It also has rubber grommets that the body work pops into.. This is what most likely is confusing you; Pop Up press here push here and Woooo Lahhh off comes the body work... You removed all the bolts? What about the snap pins??? Read and watch the video if you dont know what your doing.

Geez so I have to pretty much apart half the bike just to install the HIDs...

I tried to take off those snap pins and OMG THEY SUCK. Is there some special technique to removing these things??

2x 55watt 10000K, as tight as its gonna get

not one clock reset, no silly gauges, no battery issues in last 6 months / 6000miles , starting always with clutch of course

absolutely no heat issues, the 55 watt hids are less hot than the halogen ones

and if you buy cheap (xentec, my first try.... ) then this happens - you dont want that
at the end they were less bright as the halogen ones :>, like a candle

dont buy cheap hids!

Hey guys i have a question, i just replaced my stock bulbs with HIDs. I noticed there is a socket on the back of the low beam bulb (H7). My HID bulb didn't' fit too well. Did you guys reuse this or did your bulb come with a new socket. I had an extra pair of ballast so i just ordered bulbs. The reason i ask is because last night i went for a ride and the low beam is very week and i can see all the reflector from the low beam. i was thinking the spacer would pull the bulb back a little and let it hit the reflector more efficiently. Let me know what you guys think!

When GixxerHP did mine, he put a rubber grommet between the bulb and the wire clip to hold it on. Seems to work!

let me give you my two cent about cheap hids, I had xentecs, see first pic, THAT turned darker and darker until - get this - it got darker as the halogen ones :>

then one ballast killed itself, but the best is the different colours "Xentex" offers, I bought 4300K, 6k, 8K, 10K just for fun,
the 6 8 10 were all same
but the 4300K - THAT was something, they were not yellowish by different salt content, no no, they were coated with this cheap chinese rainbow duo color, which looks greenish - yellow up to the angle you look at it, I will update this post after I found the pics I made,
anyway they were also not bright in the beginning and flicker like a flashlight in a club,

I then bought 2x 55 watt 10K from phillips store,
no flicker, no heat problems, nothing is melting

although its as tight as its gonna get

and you need to drive with sunglasses at night, otherwise you burn your retinas

Back