finally got my ddm h9 highbeam today!!

hemi

Registered
after 3 weeks i finally received my ddm h9 6000 35w highbeam kit today. Install was a piece of cake but had a few questions about the bulb. When the bulb locks into the headlight housing, it would only turn counter clockwise (looking from the rear to front of the bike) to lock the bulb in. I always thought bulbs locked in clockwise (can't remember which way the stock one came out, dummy!!) Also, the white wire on the hid bulbs, i remember reading on the forums the wire should face down, but with the highbeam bulb being centered in the housing, and then u give it about a 1/4 of a turn ccw to lock, obviously the wire on the bulb isn't facing straight down. Not sure if maybe this is just for the low beam. Sorry for the stupid questions, just want to make sure i have it in there right before i re-install all the plastics and button her up

mine came pretty quick i think...

if i had to do it again... i think after some reasearch i would of gotten the 55w high beam...

dont get me wrong the high beam is bright... but not much distinction from the low beam and it takes FOREVER to heat up to normal operating temp..

Yes it'll turn clock-wise to lock it in. The white wire should be facing to the right (looking behind the housing) and when locked it'll be in the down position. It is feasible to get the white wire on the top, I some how did that on my 03 for the low beam. Never affected anything that I could tell, but it's possible.

I just used a 55w 5000K HID on my low beam and re-wired my headlights so they work independantly and put just a regular 55w yellow halogen in my high beam. I'm more noticeable in the daytime with it, than my low beam HID in my opinion.

SNC18011.jpg

SNC19195.jpg

I'm retarded, was lookin at the rotation of the bulb the wrong way. From the back of the headlight housing it was about 1/4 turn clockwise to lock in which should be right. The connector coming off the bulb is at about a 45deg angle to the left, so the white wire is offset to the left also. Seems to work just fine so i'm not gonna worry

Back