My first trip of the season. KC Invasion


Donating Member
Here's my recount of the trip semi and I took to visit GSXcite and the Kansas City crew.

Semi came over on Saturday night so we could get an early start on Sunday morning. We left the house at 7:30 AM and rode off into the 38 degree moring. I didn't wear my winter gear becasue the forcasts were for warming Sunday and even more warming Monday and today. Since I carry everything I need on my back when I travel, there wasn't any place to stow heavy gear when it got warmer. Once the sun came out, we thought everything was going to be fine. But heavy cloud cover and misting rain on and off the last 1/2 of the trip kept us pretty chilly.

We arrived at GSXcites house just before 11:00 and needed to meet up with the guys for the group ride at 11:30. The meeting point was across the street from the KC raceway, 20 minutes from GSXcites house, so very short turn around time. We met up with the KC crew and took a few minutes to get some pictures before starting out on the ride GSXcite had planned for us.

105_4810 (Medium).JPG

105_4811 (Medium).JPG


Donating Member
From there, GSXcite took us on a bunch of back roads through countless small towns. I'm glad all I needed to do was follow becasue I had no idea where I was at any time. What a great way to spend the day. Alot of time on the bikes, not much time for taking pictures. We arried back at GSXcite's place at 7:30 PM, yes that's 12 hours on the Busa. Other than the lunch stop, we weren't off the bikes more the 20-30 minutes at any of the stops.

Omslaw couldn't make the ride, but he came over to break bread (or pizza in this case) with us Saturday night. I haven't laughed that hard since we were all together in Oklahoma visiting the Captain.

105_4820 (Medium).JPG

IMG_3425 (Medium).JPG

105_4825 (Medium).JPG


Donating Member
GSXcite had Monday of of work, so he showed us even more Kansas. First things first, breakfast. He took us to the Mill Inn in Excelsior Springs. After breakfast, we rode out to the Battle of Lexington battle field and museum. They are closed on Mondays this month so we couldn't go into the museum :(

105_4828 (Medium).JPG

105_4830 (Medium).JPG

105_4831 (Medium).JPG

105_4834 (Medium).JPG


Donating Member
From there, we rode to the Veteran's Cemetery at Leavenworth. GSXcite lead us around rural Kansas for a few hours, then we returned to his house around 4:30 PM. The crew had planned dinner at Famous Daves at 7:30. I called a non-riding friend of mine and asked him if he'd like to join us. I'm glad he was able to. I hadn't seen him in a few years and we were able to catch up on what's been happening. We have such a diverse group, it didn't matter that he was the only non-rider, there were topics of conversation for everyone.

105_4835 (Medium).JPG

105_4836 (Medium).JPG

IMG_3441 (Medium).JPG

IMG_3442 (Medium).JPG

IMG_3446 (Medium).JPG


Donating Member
So this morning it was time to head home. It took about 3 1/2 hours running down the highway to get there, we had a more entertaining route planned for the return: Kansas City to St. Louis via Lake of the Ozarks. We left GSXcites house at 7:30 this morning. First order of business, get through rush hour traffic and find breakfast. We stopped at a Bob Evans in Bellton. They were all pumped up for St. Patrick's Day. They made sure we were wearing something green. After breakfast they brought up some green coolaid. Our watress was cool. She was so excited to see us pull in on the Busas. She was taking her motorcycle test after work today. I hope she passed it.

IMG_3451 (Medium).JPG

105_4838 (Medium).JPG

IMG_3453 (Medium).JPG


Donating Member
We stopped at Warsaw on the way to Lake of the Ozarks and did a little sight seeing. The sure do like to pick odd names for their restaurants.

105_4842 (Medium).JPG

105_4844 (Medium).JPG

105_4845 (Medium).JPG

105_4846 (Medium).JPG

105_4847 (Medium).JPG

105_4848 (Medium).JPG

105_4849 (Medium).JPG

105_4850 (Medium).JPG


Donating Member
We couldn't leave Warsaw without checking out their port. We took a quick break near lake of the Ozarks. Thought this rock formation was pretty cool. We had lunch in Osage Beach then headded cross country toward home. We stopped in Vienna for a quick break. Warsaw, Vienna, it was feeling like a ride across Europe We made it back to my house around 4:30 PM (yes, we took 9 hours to ride from KC to STL). mrsBW fixed us a hearty meal, then semi headed for his house. End of a great 3 days.

105_4852 (Medium).JPG

105_4851 (Medium).JPG

105_4854 (Medium).JPG


Squirrel Master
Donating Member
It was great to have you guys come over and ride with me for a couple of days! Can't wait till next time.:thumbsup:


Donating Member
BusaWhipped, Semi....It was great to see you guys again...We had a great time on the ride sunday...and had a great time at Dinner on Monday night.

p.s. Semi....He loves him some TATERS!!!!


Donating Member
Always big fun when you get this group of hooligans together for some riding and some fried taters. We're talking about an over nighter at lake of the Ozarks. No real plans yet, but it would be great to see all of you there.
Woah you guys did some riding! Nice meeting you guys. Sorry I couldn't make in to dinner Monday night, the girlfriend had been out of town for 4 days and we had a chance to have dinner alone with no kids sooooooo:beerchug: and then went home and went to bed because she was tired from driving 12 hours:rofl:

Similar threads

Most likes - Past 7 days

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Latest member
Joshua Krasen