My first track day

blas32

Registered
Had my first track day at Jennings Florida last weekend. Took a beginner class that was very good and helped me gain some confidence after I low sided my Busa on the street a few months ago. I have a greater appreciation for the guys that fly around the track!!!

rich_jennings_2.JPG

Man, that just looks fun! I hope I get to do that one day...
Congrats...I'm sure you'll be heading back over and over again!
smile.gif

Cool. Oh, and the gixxer is lookin' all sexy in her "track wear"! Wooooooooohooooooo!!!
super.gif

Thought about you yesterday. Saw a guy playin' on a brand spankin' new blk/gry gixxer that was obviously fresh from the dealer. He was twistin' on 'er at every light. Luckily traffic and intersections kept him from runnin' off and leavin' me in my cage so I could hear the tunes from the exhaust. Man, those gixxers are schweet!
super.gif

super.gif

The first thing we did (9am) was ride the track behind the teacher at a slow speed for 15 minutes. We would pull in and talk:
Safety
Ride Within Your Ability
Flags
Entering/Exiting Track
Tires
Track Etiquette
Hold Your Line
Keep A Safe Pace
Proper Signaling
Obey Commands From Track Marshals
Riding Tips
Braking - Gear Changes
Proper Riding Position
Cornering
Passing

Every 30 minutes we were back on the track. The last 2 hrs. we were on our own. Some great info and tips but was more a hands on class.

awesome dude! I am off to my second Schwantz class in March. Then, I will do many track days this season!

-Rip

damn for only $125 a day I would take a couple days to learn how....
biggrin.gif

I would love to do that. I would bet that there are not any schools here. Maybe in a close state but, I just do not have the time.

Track days are so much fun aren't they? I can't wait to get to another one.

I was at jennings a few weeks ago...there was a guy there doing a track day on a Busa.

To the guy complaining about the 250 mile trip, it took us 13 hours to get there...suck it up and go....its fun to say the least.

Thats awesome I'm headed for mine at Schwantz School in Mar I will be joining The Oracle in class.

Back