My First Track Day & Pictures...

:cheerleader:
btw, I guarantee you, after just a few more track days (AND a good set-up....tyres, suspension, brakes, etc), no other bikes will pass you down the straights :rulez: :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Oh yes they will my friend! Don't bet any money you can't afford to loose with a stranger you don't know! It's a little trick called "DRAFTING"!

Congrats on your very first track day! Looking at you photos I had no idea you were at Portland. I live just a short distance up I-5 from there.

I will be there on July 1st with Mike Sullivan and his crew. You should sign up and come out with us for a play day! As you already know, it's lots of fun and you'll have an instructor with you for the entire day. You'll improve your riding skills a great deal.

Sullivanraceschool.com

Check it out and join us! :beerchug:

Congrats on having a great day at the track!! Looks like you were doing good and having fun . . . wait a minute . . . are those still some little chicken strips I see on those tires!?! ???

:bowdown::bowdown: I need to do this but I would not risk my Busa. I need a disposable bike like a Honda:laugh:

You mean like this :laugh: Love the track.

7bf08230.jpg

WOW!! That looks fun. I'd love to do a track day but here in Tampa Florida there is no track to do! I have a B-King and it would be fun to just do some spirited driving (c class). On the street as you guys know, you can't open the big motor up as you either hit traffic in front of you or get a ticket. My motor loafs along at 3 to 4 thousand rpm on rides..... You guys are VERY, VERY lucky to have a track near you.

I was in PIR (Portland International Raceway) in Oregon...The company is call PSSR (Pacific Super Sport Riders)... They run all day long from 9:00am to 4:00pm...Divided between 3 groups a, b, c (me, newbies)...20 min for each group each hour... so 7 times at 20 min each.... between sections you get a lot of one on one and some clasess.... all for $175...I was happy....:laugh:

I'll be back tomorrow again but with a diferent school....:thumbsup:

Love PIR at least to watch, have not the nerve yet to try it but my boys are their SV's are itching to do it.
So where did you get the information on when the track days where, admittingly , I am new to this area, came from southern oregon but would like to know when they occur.

Congrats on your very first track day! Looking at you photos I had no idea you were at Portland. I live just a short distance up I-5 from there.

I will be there on July 1st with Mike Sullivan and his crew. You should sign up and come out with us for a play day! As you already know, it's lots of fun and you'll have an instructor with you for the entire day. You'll improve your riding skills a great deal.

Sullivanraceschool.com

Check it out and join us! :beerchug:

Has anybody taken a count of how many members are in this neck of the woods, might be fun to have busa ride in this area or maybe meet up at PIR. I think the next race week end is June 21st or close to it. Just a thought

very cool pics. looks like you had a ball. i wish a had someone to go to a track day with. always wanted to try one.

Really nice pics,All you guys are such professional riders, really nice pics.. Ride safe, and thanks for putting in some pics..:beerchug:

That was actually my biggest fear... my bike... but then a friend on mine (an instructor at the track) asked me: Your bike run more risk at the street or at the track??? Week after I was at the track....:laugh: Even tho, I was on group C (for newbies) there were still people passing me, but then, "i was riding in my comfort zone".... I Imagine will get better and better,,,:beerchug:

Hmmmmm.....not sure about this question. I was at race school last year and we had 2 guys go down in separate incidents in one day. On the track you are, or should be, pushing much harder than you would on the street. I agree it is safer to crash at the track for sure but less likely for your bike to eat it, not so sure. Luckily both guys who went down were riding school bikes and had the extra insurance so they only had to pay a deductible....one had had enough and the other got back on the horse!

Wish I could afford to go back this year.

Thanks for the pics, looks like a great time. :thumbsup:

Back