My recent track day

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Last weekend I went to another track day with NESBA at Blackhawk Farms Raceway.

I went up Saturday afternoon for a memorial parade lap for one of the racers that lost their lives after a crash at this track. After the memorial, I camped out at the track for the track day on Sunday.

The track is a boring place if you're not actually riding.
laugh.gif

The date in the camera was wrong, so the pics should have 9/4/05 on them.

This was a beautiful day for riding. In the 80's and sunshine. It was a little hot in the leathers, but it made for awesome traction on the track. I'm definitely getting more comfortable on the new gixxer, and cornering is much easier than the Busa was. This was my first time at this track, and the pics from SliderPhoto were only of the first few sessions. After lunch, I was getting closer to dragging my knee through some of the turns. I'm just not that confident in me or the bike yet. I did get a chase video from MotoVid, and my knee was only an inch or two above the track. I never realized I was over that far, or I would have pushed it just a bit harder.

Anyway.......On to the pics
cool.gif

Here's a link to the action shots from Slider Photo.

stkr00 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway

There's more pics coming...I'll tell ya when I'm done
wink.gif

Here's a few shots of my 98 GSXR-600 track bike. I've been sanding the old paint off so that I can paint it this winter. Right now, the lower fairing matches the upper...looks like a friggin cow.
laugh.gif

BHF_090405_007_copy.jpg

Here's a shot of the Advanced group on Saturday. Dam those people are fast
wow.gif

...and yes...the Barbie Pink bike is ridden by a girl...and she's HOT
cool.gif
(and married
sad.gif
)

Note: This is also the turn where Shannon crashed, and later lost his battle against his injuries.

R.I.P. Shannon
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126583159 -->

BHF_090405_012_copy.jpg

sad.gif

Here's one of your's truely with that fine piece of machinery
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Not many of the people in the beginner group were laughing when they got lapped by the "beater bike"
wink.gif

BHF_090405_013_copy.jpg

This was across from where I camped out. This is known as "tent city" and it's where most of the Control Riders camp out. They put on one helluva cookout at the track. Some really great guys to hang around with, and gain track knowledge from.

BHF_090405_014_copy.jpg

Okay...that's about all I've got.
wink.gif

Thanks for waiting
beerchug.gif

what? No corner-out wheelies? Tsk tsk tsk....
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Just kiddin, bro...looks like it was a blast. I am sorry for your friend....I hope he's up there tearin up that big racetrack in the sky.

One of these days, I'd like to get some time in at a track. I think it'd be pure bliss....

Wheelies are NOT allowed...otherwise...oh, who the hell am I kiddin
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe when I get a little braver
cool.gif

May not have the paint looking good, but she looks straight, and like she can run like a bat outta hell.

Good on ya.
Yup...she's straight, and although it is a 600, it does scream when you keep the rev's up above 8K.

I even managed to smoke a few liter bikes as they parked it in the corners. I just need to work on timing my corner entry and carrying more speed through the turns, then I can pass them as I drive out of the turns.
cool.gif

Glad you had fun at the track mate
biggrin.gif

...well and that bike looks like a cow-a-sock-ee
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back