Track day on a Busa

Yep, did one whole season on the Busa and decided to get a dedicated bike for tracking the next year. With good coaching, you'll learn more in a weekend than a year of normal riding on the street. Our group of three known as Team Gixxer have a big time with the Sport Bike Track Time group down at Barber Motorsports Track. Turn 2 on the Busa and the Gixxer.

24198787-SG2K3422.jpg

BarberTurn2.jpg

Sir Dropsalot said:
Yep, did one whole season on the Busa and decided to get a dedicated bike for tracking the next year. With good coaching, you'll learn more in a weekend than a year of normal riding on the street. Our group of three known as Team Gixxer have a big time with the Sport Bike Track Time group down at Barber Motorsports Track. Turn 2 on the Busa and the Gixxer.

Nice pics man!!

I did a track day when mine had just over 1000 miles back in 05 or 06.
The Busa is a heavy bike for the track. Being in the novice class they could out ride me, but I could catch up to them on the straight.

I learned a lot and would recommend it. Using your own bike helps you get to know it better too.
Just don't go crazy and you will be fine.

The novice course is almost like taking a class. Seems like a lot to pay attention too ya know? I thought they just turned you loose out there. I think I'd be kinda nervous and wouldn't do very well.

ive been its a blast but the busa is pretty heavy for the track chrisbusa killed me around the track on his busa kinda sad when hes slowing down and looking back to see where im at

I think my best was 1.55 Not very fast but I sure had a good time. First time on a track with the Busa. Last time I was on a track was Putnam Park in 1992 on a 92 GSXR750. Sad thing is the night after that pic was taken my Busa was stolen from the parking lot of the Embassy Suites in Birmingham. Got my bike and broke into the cab of truck and stole all my riding gear. Leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, back protector...everything!!!!

1.5x on a Busa is a pretty good time. That is a fantastic pic, but a sickening parting shot for the old girl. Man, I hope all the karma in the world bites back at the thieves.

I think my best was 1.55 Not very fast but I sure had a good time. First time on a track with the Busa. Last time I was on a track was Putnam Park in 1992 on a 92 GSXR750. Sad thing is the night after that pic was taken my Busa was stolen from the parking lot of the Embassy Suites in Birmingham. Got my bike and broke into the cab of truck and stole all my riding gear. Leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, back protector...everything!!!!

I've done a dozen on mine. I'm still old, fat, and slow. But they are fun and you will gain more confidence with your riding and in your bike.

The novice course is almost like taking a class. Seems like a lot to pay attention too ya know? I thought they just turned you loose out there. I think I'd be kinda nervous and wouldn't do very well.
What you get out of a track day is up to you. You could sign up for novice and just ride the track. No on forces you to have an instructor help you, you dont have to go to the class room sessions(if applicable). You could pay you money ride the track and go home, but you'll be surprised at the skills you will develop if you choose to work with an instructor.

I see your in NorCal. When I was going to do my first trackday everyone told me to do it with z2trackdays.com and Im glad I did.

That sux dude :banghead:

1:55 is plenty respectable on a Busa at Barber. I don't think I ever got under 2 minutes my entire 1st season on mine, and after that it was on my 1K. I'll bet people were giving you the "Busa's can't turn" speech, and I'll bet you smoked some of them too :thumbsup:

I hate thieves :banghead:

Back