First Track Day

(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 08 2007,22:47)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,19:45)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,05:36) My next day is 1/23...Infineon Raceway Sears Point  
super.gif
Correction

Next day will be 1/21 @ Buttonwillow  
super.gif
 then Sears Point
Hah, I got you beat  
laugh.gif

I'll be at Buttonwillow on 1/20 and 1/21  
biggrin.gif

It'll be the 1st time the 750 sees the track.    
muscle.gif
Well I did do a day @ Laguna....3 weeks ago
poke.gif

super.gif

Damn Copperone, you have a sweet ride there. That Gsxr 750 just can't be beat for a track bike IMO. It's a 600 on steroids. I have done a number of track days on those BTO14's and they work remarkably well for a street tire. Stick well and hold a line like a rock.

Personally, I think you are hooked :-)

Have fun!

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 09 2007,09:38)
(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 08 2007,22:47)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,19:45)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,05:36) My next day is 1/23...Infineon Raceway Sears Point  
Correction

Next day will be 1/21 @ Buttonwillow    then Sears Point
Hah, I got you beat  
laugh.gif

I'll be at Buttonwillow on 1/20 and 1/21  
biggrin.gif

It'll be the 1st time the 750 sees the track.    
muscle.gif
Well I did do a day @ Laguna....3 weeks ago  
poke.gif
pissed.gif

No doubt, I am definately hooked. BT 14 stuck like glue. I was really suprised. And... they definately hold a line relly well. The bike was rock solid. Hoping to get a couple more track days out of these tires. The new Paralli DOT track tire will probably be the next tires I buy. Can't remember the name of it right now. The GXXR is truely incredable on the track. And yes, I did the first track day at Firebird, and I'll be doing several more there. I now its not the greatest track, but at least its close and have 2 to 4 times a month.

(Copperone @ Jan. 09 2007,18:25) No doubt, I am definitely hooked.  BT 14 stuck like glue.  I was really surprised.   And... they definitely hold a line really well.  The bike was rock solid.  Hoping to get a couple more track days out of these tires.  The new Pirelli DOT track tire will probably be the next tires I buy.  Can't remember the name of it right now.  The GXXR is truly incredible on the track.  And yes, I did the first track day at Firebird, and I'll be doing several more there.  I now its not the greatest track, but at least its close and have 2 to 4 times a month.
Danny, if you are looking at Pirelli's...SuperCorsa is their track tire that comes in different
compounds...SC1,SC2, and SC3. I would go with Metzler Racetec's instead...they are they same
company now. The Metzler's are less $$$ and also have...K1, K2, and K3 compounds.

Pirelli                       Metzler
 SC1 = Super soft = K1  
 SC2 =     Soft       =K2
 SC3 =   Medium    =K3

Both companies use the same technology, equipment, and compounds...just the name and tread
pattern are different.

I have used both the Pirelli's and the Metzler's in all three compounds...FABULOUS TIRES  
super.gif

Thanks Rich, sounds like Metzler is the way to go. I was totally suprized at how well the Bridgestones did, and I'm hoping to get a couple more track days out of them. I guess I'll just have to see how bad I tear them up next time around or, they may be used up before the 18 of Feb. How many track days do you get out of a set of tires. Thanks for the info rich, I appreciate it.

How many days ? WOW really depends on the rider, surface of the track, track conditions (AZ gets HOT)

I know some riders that can destroy their tires in a day...most get 3 or 4 hard days out of them. Time can have a effect on the tire too.

If they have plenty of tread on them and their still soft (not hard and dry) your ok.

Thanks Rich, we'll probably get 3 or 4 out of them. I do ride the GXXR off the track on the few twisties we have here, so I'll just keep an eye on them.

Back