First Track Day

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Well I did my first track day today her in Phoenix. We arrived at the track at 6:00 am and it was 32 degrees. Kind of nippy for Phoenix. But it started warming up and we ended up with temps around 65 degrees.

For those who have never done track day, it is a totally awsome experience. Total adrenalin most of the day. I even got my knee down for the first time Anyhow, a great day. The straight on the course is a drag after that, its some very great twisties.

We got to run 9 20 minute cycles. On the last one I was getting pretty tired so that was probably my worst of the day. I'm really glad I rented a trailer, it only cost $15 and it was well worth it. They run track days here in Phoenix twice a month. So, I'm hoping to get at least one a month. Totally addicting is about all I can say. Anyhow, just thought I'd share a few words. Sorry no pics this time, I was to bust riding.

cool glad you had fun
beerchug.gif

sounds awesome. Lets see some after pics of your tires. I love the gummy bluish edges after a trackday!

I've heard it's addicting. Can't wait to try that drug!

--Wag--

Very Happy for you Danny. Can't wait for our .Org track day so we can meet. Enjoy that new bike!!!

Post up some pics Bro!!!!!

Semper Fi
DD

Danny, let me know if your heading there next month, or end'ish of this one. I'd like to hit it up, on the Busa of course
smile.gif
So sinister you have two bikes to choose from now
guns.gif

Yeah, its a total blast. Now I'm really looking forward to Miller even more than before. It will be great to get together with a bunch of guys from the Busa family. I take a couple of shots of my tire and post them tomorrow evening. Definately getting my moneys worth out of these tires. The stock tire on the GXXR 750 is the Battle Axe. I got my suspension dialed in pretty much right on by race tech. But the Battle Axe was only slipery 2 or 3 times and that was early in the morning when it was cold. OK here's a couple of Pics, one of me and the GXXR getting the suspension dialed in and my rear tire.

Track_Day_1_003.jpg

(Copperone @ Jan. 07 2007,20:00) Yeah, its a total blast.  Now I'm really looking forward to Miller even more than before.   It will be great to get together with a bunch of guys from the Busa family.  I take a couple of shots of my tire and post them tomorrow evening.  Definately getting my moneys worth out of these tires.  The stock tire on the GXXR 750 is the Battle Axe.  I got my suspension dialed in pretty much right on by race tech.   But the Battle Axe was only slipery 2 or 3 times and that was early in the morning when it was cold. OK here's a couple of Pics, one of me and the GXXR getting the suspension dialed in and my rear tire.
NICE sport chock...that's the Baxley
super.gif

The bike is very easy to ride. Its better than I will ever be. Very compliant and very forgiving. Totally incredable. The Battle Axe seemed pretty good. Once they got sticky, they really got sticky. Hopefully I can get a couple more track days out of them. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Yeah Vinny its totally hot. But I've got to tell you, I got on the Busa Saturday and its the true Stallion. But the GXXR wow...

Back