First Track Day

hehehehe...you two should get a room
all_coholic.gif

Hey Charlie, I'll check on the track schedule. I won't be able to do another one until sometime next month. I'm hoping for the 3rd or 4th week of the month. I definately won't be riding to track days. After a day of full throttle stufff I was totally exhausted. But... I came home with a big smile on my face. For me the best part is really getting to use the bike the way it was intended, and.... not having to worry about the cops. Anyhow, I'll be checking the schedule and I'll keep you LEOs.

Well, if we can get it going for Feb that will work. I will be trailering 3 bikes up, my Busa, Nick's CBR1000RR, and Aubrey's Gixxer 600, then theres always Johns Gixxer 1k, and Dan's R6. So yeah, we can have a good time, get some video too.
Did you have to remove the mirrors or will tape over work? And I need some knee pucks for this man...dayum Danny got his knee down already!

OK Charlie, I'll check on the schedule. They usually run on Sundays. It would be a blast getting together with you guys. They start at 0600 and end somewhere around 4:00 PM. They run three groups red=fast white=middle, and black new riders/first track day. I was in the black group all day. Its a whole different world on the track. No holds barred, except for rider courtesy and riding safe. For me the black group was good because it really let me get a feel for what track riding was all about. They will let you move up if you have good lines, and your speeds are fast enough. Anyhow, we'll keep in touch. Oh, btw the price is $160. for the day. They also have pro techs that can really get your suspension dialed in. Oh yeah, you do have to remove your mirrors and tape over all glass. And... you have to use distilled water with water wetter as coolent. No antifreeze or ICE. Still it's worth the effort.

Trackdays rule!!!
beerchug.gif

My first day is buttonwillow on the 21st... too far away
sad.gif
tounge.gif

I'm definately glad of one thing for sure!!!!

You and I have 750s, but at least they're different colors!!!
beerchug.gif
laugh.gif

Can't be caught rid'in with the same colors...

beerchug.gif

Congrats bro!! Can't wait to see you in Tooele...

My 1st of the year will be Feb 4 at CA Speedway AMA course. We've been having bad winds out here lately and hopefully don't end up with any r@!n. Hopefully the Gixx should be dialed in by September though....
laugh.gif

Here's to us track junkies..
beerchug.gif

Tires look good. Are there alot of left hand turns, or are you just better in left turns? Most people have a hard time with left turns. Keep up the good work
beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,05:36) My next day is 1/23...Infineon Raceway Sears Point  
super.gif
Correction

Next day will be 1/21 @ Buttonwillow  
super.gif
 then Sears Point

super.gif

I love the left handers. Need some work on the right handers though. Hey Charles, I'm glad we've got diferent colors too. You're not going to believe how good the GXXR is on the track. Rich it sounds like a blast at Infineon. Thats supposed to be a really fast track. Sounds like guys have a lot of track days coming up. My next one is either the18 of Feb or the 4 of March. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. And.... meeting some new friends too....

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,19:45)
(BA BUSA @ Jan. 08 2007,05:36) My next day is 1/23...Infineon Raceway Sears Point  
super.gif
Correction

Next day will be 1/21 @ Buttonwillow  
super.gif
 then Sears Point
Hah, I got you beat
laugh.gif

I'll be at Buttonwillow on 1/20 and 1/21
biggrin.gif

It'll be the 1st time the 750 sees the track.
muscle.gif

super.gif

wait a sec.... you guys all hae 750's now? ? I'm half way considering trading my bus for the latest 750 since I'm loosing interest in street riding, and I don't think a 1000 is the best idea on the track, but I'd like more power than a 600.

How's the 750s treating you? Ever try any longer rides on them? COULD they "tour" if you were insane enough to bother?

(WWJD @ Jan. 09 2007,08:45) wait a sec.... you guys all hae 750's now? ?    I'm half way considering trading my bus for the latest 750 since I'm loosing interest in street riding, and I don't think a 1000 is the best idea on the track, but I'd like more power than a 600.

How's the 750s treating you?  Ever try any longer rides on them?  COULD they "tour" if you were insane enough to bother?
I still have my busa, just added a 750  
wink.gif

Can't get rid of the busa  
cool.gif

The 750 is awesome though!  From the waist up its just as comfortable as a stock busa.  BUT, from the waist down is more cramped.  I'm 6' and mostly legs, so I doubt I'll tour the 750  
tounge.gif
   But the 750 has a 3 way adjustable rearsets.  Stock, down 1 and back 1.  I'm going to try back 1 and see if it feels better.  I'm not sure I want to go down one because I'll probably end up scraping my toe slider before the knee.

But hey, if I was going to tour, I could break out the wrench, adjust the pegs down one.  I'll have to try it and see how that compares with the busa's leg room.

Back