My Colorrite experience.

OK I got tired of looking at the stress crack on my 09 fairing after the dealer (America Powersports on Myatt Drive in Nashville, TN) did not reassemble it back together properly... long story!!
Anyways.. So I pulled the nose off and started to do some fairing repair, got it bonded back together, sanded down, blended and primed for some paint. Of course Colorrite has the market as far as factory matched OEM paint. So I place my order with Colorrite on March 4th. 1) 11OZ can of base and 1) 11OZ can of top coat, costing over $100 with hazardous shipping.. Expensive spray cans I may add!!
3 days later package arrives. I have the day off and start spraying the base coat, following Colorrite specific instructions to the T. After spraying all 3 body pieces with 2 top coats it didnt look just right. I figured well its supposed to be dead nutzz matched OEM paint with the OEM paint code right? Trust in the product I guess... All said and done 2 base coats and 2 top coats with coats of clear it was off!! BAD!!
I call the West coast Colorrite number and talk with a guy Name Steve. Told him I just got done spraying the paint and it doesnt match not even close! He asks well did you spray a sample piece? I said NO I was expecting a bigger can then 11OZ and knew it would be cutting it close with 3 pieces to paint and that I thought that Colorrite is supposed to be factory OEM matched paint thats why I paid 40 bucks for a small can of paint. He said send it in with a sample piece and if its our fault we will match the paint and send you replacements.. GREAT!! back to getting all the clear and paint off to start over again!:banghead:
Called Monday and Spoke to Steve again to ask the status and if they found anything wrong with the paint,, he has a bit of an attitude asking whats your order number,,, Even though I spoke to him a few days before about the issue,, he says I must have answered a 100 phone calls today... Thinking to myself this isnt good!! 100 phone calls of customers saying they got the wrong paint and sending it back with an RMA# NOT GOOD!! He says ohh yeah they found the wrong chemical in the paint we shipped you 2 cans out this morning and you should see it in 4-5 working days! WOW! Great customer service hahn?? Ohh we screwed up now you have to buy more sandpaper and primer plus take the time to sand all the paint off.. DOUCHE BAG!!!! I was hoping to hear, we are very sorry for our mistake we sent you a double order since you stated 2 cans would be cutting it close and we also shipped it next day air and you should have it tommorow.. NOPE!! None of that just an attitude and basically fuk off I sensed...
So all in all would i say Colorrite is someone I would send a friend to and buy paint for his motorcycle?? NO!!!!! Poor customer service unfriendly and expensive...
Here are the pics.. one stress crack and Colorrites paint that is supposed to be a dead match!!

DOES ANYONE TAKE PRIDE IN THERE BUSINESS ANYMORE? What happened to customer service??

Ohh kudos to Justin at East Toledo Honda,, He found my decals and they are the way!:thumbsup:
Justin is the man and each time I buy from him he has his Chit together! Thanks again Justin:beerchug:

4gn4td.jpg

2yk01s7.jpg

Most cases customer service is but a faint memory.:down: Makes you appreciate those rare cases that still believe in it.

At least they admitted their mistake and are somewhat making it right. Hope it matches this time:please:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Most cases customer service is but a faint memory.:down: Makes you appreciate those rare cases that still believe in it.

At least they admitted their mistake and are somewhat making it right. Hope it matches this time:please:

:beerchug: Thanks for the luck!!! If I have any left over want me to bring it to the Bash so we can do something with that black thing of yours :dunno: LMAO!:beerchug:

lankeeyankee said:
:beerchug: Thanks for the luck!!! If I have any left over want me to bring it to the Bash so we can do something with that black thing of yours :dunno: LMAO!:beerchug:

Thanks but I likes my black beauty:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your issues. I called ColorRite a couple times when ordering rattle cans to paint the frame stripe on Violet (https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/140739-violet-got-facelift.html) and they were very helpful on what I needed and got me the stuff within the week and the previous time was when I ordered a touch-up pen...they sent me Ninja Green :puke: instead of the blue. A quick call to them and they apologized and sent me another right away. My experiences with them have been positive.

Nothing but good things to say about them with my rattle can paint. Match looks spot on to me. SUPER FAST shipping. I ordered a touch up can today around 2:00 and it shipped with a tracking number this afternoon. Sorry you had issues. I don't have any thing but good to share.

IMAG0663.jpg

TwoBrothersBusa said:
SUPER FAST shipping.

Since his bike is white, They probably figured he wasn't in a need for FAST....:laugh:

I would have gone to an automotive paint supplier and had them scan the paint and get the matching OEM code, it would have been a lot closer than that!

Sux to hear about your troubles

I happen to live about 25 miles from Colorite and wanted to touch up some scratches on my left faring I got while transporting the busa in a uhaul trailer. The blue color on my busa just requires a base coat and a clear coat.

When I called to order the two rattle cans of paint I also spoke with Steve. He was clearly overwhelmed with filling orders. He told me that they have to mix the paint and to come and pick it up in two days. He made it sound like this was a major paint factory that is filling tons of orders every day. Anyway, when I get to Colorite, i find that it is a little hole-in-the-wall in an industrial strip "mall." I go into the little 10x12 office/lobby and pick up my paint. There was just a guy (maybe Steve?) and I a young lady in the office.

The good news is that the color matched exactly. So as far as the quality of the paint goes, I'm satisfied.

Nothing but good things to say about them with my rattle can paint. Match looks spot on to me. SUPER FAST shipping. I ordered a touch up can today around 2:00 and it shipped with a tracking number this afternoon. Sorry you had issues. I don't have any thing but good to share.

IMAG0663.jpg

WOW i like that paint:thumbsup:

Sorry you had problems Lankee, at least they are trying to work with ya, stay posititve

I have used them in the past and the colors were perfect, but I do wish there were another company that had a wide range as Colorite does.

Still waiting on my replacement paint... :whistle:

Thats all fine and dandy with the positive experiences with Colorrite.
Its a lot of rework and cost for sand paper and primer when a mistake is made with paint. Not like its a pair of grips that you can slip off within a few minutes.

lankeeyankee said:
Still waiting on my replacement paint... :whistle:

Thats all fine and dandy with the positive experiences with Colorrite.
Its a lot of rework and cost for sand paper and primer when a mistake is made with paint. Not like its a pair of grips that you can slip off within a few minutes.

Need some help:poke: I will bring beer and whiteout:rofl:

Need some help:poke: I will bring beer and whiteout:rofl:

Hell Yeah! Bud Light Platnium for me, Bring extra white out and will fix up your also....
Actually white out would have been a closer match then Colorrites first batch of so called Splash white.
I think someone was sniffing whiteout at Colorrite when they mixed that batch :dunno:

Hopefully you can get it sorted it and get the bike looking like brand new again. I'm hoping to see your parts here to ship out tomorrow.

Back