My busa won’t start

I just ordered a new fuel pump but couldn’t I take the transmission off the 06 motor and take the transmission off the 07 motor an put the 07 transmission on the 06 motor? If I can’t find out what it is that’s wrong with the 07 motor that is
Transmission problems tend to be 2nd gear slipping, and the trans needs 'undercut' by a machine shop to fix it.

I think he is getting a bit ahead of himself here regarding the transmission . . the name of the game here is to get the motor running first, to assess the condition of the rings, pistons, valves etc.
Good advice right there...

Making sure it runs and runs good is the first step...who knows, maybe the transmission is fine, but just needs to be run and have fresh oil to make it happy....

So I got a pretty important question, I had asked the previous owner a few g hings an he said I don’t need to compression test it because he already did an it came back good so I went an bought some new spark plugs and hooked everything back up except for the airbox an gas tank put a little bit of gas in the throttle bodies and rolled it over but it was shooting a flame out the exhaust and flames out the throttle bodies when I rolled it over so I was wanting to know, why would flames be shooting out the throttle bodies?

I don't think I'd take anything at face value and do your own compression test...it looks as though that engine has sat for a bit judging by the pictures you posted....

You are going to get a real education in how to get this bike running.....

It doesn’t crank hard or slow it cranks as it should but I can believe it jumped timing
I would download the manual from here.
@Berlin Germany has it posted in a few places (sorry, not sure where right off).
Check the timing, if it's firing at the wrong time, and/or if the valves are bent, and can't completely close, that is why it's backfiring through the throttle bodies, as combustion cannot be contained to the cylinders as a result.

Changed the plugs....you had them out why wouldn't you have done a comp test?
Well I wouldn't have cause it's 15 degrees in my garage.

Backfired,,, when you crank or seem to kick right as you let go of the starter button?

Changed the plugs....you had them out why wouldn't you have done a comp test?
Well I wouldn't have cause it's 15 degrees in my garage.

Backfired,,, when you crank or seem to kick right as you let go of the starter button?
I would’ve did a compression test but I don’t have the stuff to do it and I’m on a budget right now so that’s why I haven’t bought the manual yet, but it did it when it was cranking I kinda think it was because I had a little bit of gas in a jar when I went to start it, I poured the gas in the throttle bodies but it wasn’t much gas so I believe it backfired through the intake cause to much fuel to the throttle bodies. That’s my thoughts but I wouldn’t doubt it if I’m wrong

most likely and yeah I’m very glad I have the chance to save this bike, I plan on making it the color it came from factory. But as of right now I’m taking all the wires off to the fuel pump to check for shorts an to do it the right way around
I truly appreciate your dedication and willigness.

Back