Busy Won’t start

hayabusa190

Registered
I have a 1999 busa that won’t turn over the fuel pump stopped working so I replaced it and since then the engine won’t turn over I’ve the kill switch I press the start button and can here a click but nothing happens I’ve tried replacing the starter solenoid with no joy if I bridge the 2 thick wires on the solenoid the engine turns over and starts up can anyone help

The usual suspect would be the solenoid, esp since you can get it to start by bridging, but hang out a bit longer and someone who actually knows what they're talking about will be along to offer some useable advice

The usual suspect would be the solenoid, esp since you can get it to start by bridging, but hang out a bit longer and someone who actually knows what they're talking about will be along to offer some useable advice
Thanks for the reply but to be honest that’s what I thought so I replaced it and still the same

I have a 1999 busa that won’t turn over the fuel pump stopped working so I replaced it and since then the engine won’t turn over I’ve the kill switch I press the start button and can here a click but nothing happens I’ve tried replacing the starter solenoid with no joy if I bridge the 2 thick wires on the solenoid the engine turns over and starts up can anyone help
I'm thinking you've got a ground issue,are you trying to start it with the tank up or did you put everything back together already? Using a test light you can check that your getting power to the trigger wire on your solenoid and also make sure your ground wire there has a good ground connection. If both of the check good and your battery is good and fully charged it could still be the solenoid as I have installed brand new ones and then be bad but I'm leaning more toward a ground issue.

Back