My busa won’t start

BusaCam

Registered
I’m new to having a hayabusa, I traded my car for this 06 hayabusa and i was told it needs a new ecm cause he put a new motor on it and tried starting it with the battery low an he said he messed the ecm up doing that which doesn’t really make sense to me, but when I go to check for codes on the dash with a wire but nothing pops up on the dash not even the check light when the kill switch is flipped, so im confused on what it is wrong with the bike cause it’ll still roll over it has spark but just won’t show me anything on the dash or run and my fan stay on constantly when the key is turned on

Last edited:
I’m new to having a hayabusa, I traded my car for this 06 hayabusa and i was told it needs a new ecm cause he put a new motor on it and tried starting it with the battery low an he said he messed the ecm up doing that which doesn’t really make sense to me, but when I go to check for codes on the dash with a wire but nothing pops up on the dash not even the check light when the kill switch is flipped, so im confused on what it is wrong with the bike cause it’ll still roll over it has spark but just won’t show me anything on the dash or run and my fan stay on constantly when the key is turned on
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like someone traded you their problems for your car. An ECU won’t go bad just from trying to start with a low battery. When you say you have nothing on the dash, do you mean is completely dark with no power going to it?

Last edited:
Nah the dash has power to it, everything lights up on it but it doesn’t show any codes when I check for em an it doesn’t show the check light when the kill switch is flipped right before the I try checking for codes

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like someone traded you their problems for your car. An ECU won’t go bad just from trying to start with a low battery. When you say you have nothing on the dash, do you mean is completely dark with no power going to it?
I mean i don’t care I traded my car for it, my car was going to need a trans soon. The dash has all the power to it everything lights up as it should but it won’t show any codes at all it doesn’t show the miles either, not one thing on the dash but it all works still

I mean i don’t care I traded my car for it, my car was going to need a trans soon. The dash has all the power to it everything lights up as it should but it won’t show any codes at all it doesn’t show the miles either, not one thing on the dash but it all works still
It is still very confusing.A pic of the dash would be of a great help for forum members to understand the problem.

Welcome @BusaCam

Like was mentioned, to diagnose an issue like this over the internet is not a simple task.....this doesn't sound like a "normal" everyday issue we have had on here.

There are just so many variables that it is a real challenge.

What year engine was put in it?
Did the ECU from the donor bike get used in the engine swap?
Did the previous owner mess around with the wiring or sensors or switches?
Are any of the switches or sensors bypassed-such as the clutch switch, side stand switch, tip over sensor?
Is the fuel pump cycling?
Just by looking at the bike overall, does it look like the wiring is in good shape?

These are just a few of the questions and answers we need to start to diagnose this issue..

Welcome @BusaCam

Like was mentioned, to diagnose an issue like this over the internet is not a simple task.....this doesn't sound like a "normal" everyday issue we have had on here.

Are any of the switches or sensors bypassed-such as the clutch switch, side stand switch, tip over sensor?
Just by looking at the bike overall, does it look like the wiring is in good shape?

These are just a few of the questions and answers we need to start to diagnose this issue..
When I get home from work later I can take some pics an vids an try to send em through here if I can find a way, or I can use YouTube but he didn’t use the ecm off the other motor an the wiring looks okay, he said he had to put a new fuel pump in it but he messed the seal up so it leaks a little but he has like 4 wires coming off the fuel pump an it might be the same year motor I can ask him

Welcome @BusaCam

When I get home from work later I can take some pics an vids an try to send em through here if I can find a way, or I can use YouTube but he didn’t use the ecm off the other motor an the wiring looks okay, he said he had to put a new fuel pump in it but he messed the seal up so it leaks a little but he has like 4 wires coming off the fuel pump an it might be the same year motor I can ask him

There will be many more questions but hopefully in the end we as a collective can get you going...

It might not be easy....

Another ‘curly’ one brought to the forum techs . . . Descriptions of faults that are sketchy, unknown service history or even year model of donor engine makes this attempt at fault diagnosis (cause and effect) virtually impossible and borderline time eating… if the OP wants help on this bike’ problems there needs to be coherent
And accurate fault descriptions.
Otherwise we just chase our tails.. and nobody enjoys that lol.

He told me the motor that’s in the bike now is an 07
Take a picture of the dash and use the attach file button when replying to this thread. @Kiwi Rider works on Suzukis for a living so if you share more details, we can provide more info on what to check to see if you can get your bike running.

I know it’s smarter to get a new O ring but I minus well buy another pump so I have a backup for the future just gonna use the O ring seal it sends me with the pump
A pump isn't inexpensive but an O Ring is...I'd just get the O ring to make sure the thing runs first...

I was sent a vid of the previous owner rolling it over, is there like a certain place I can post it at on here?

Back