Fuel pump no power

califbust

Registered
I have just finished a sandrail with a 99” Busa engine so no previous running experience with it. I began with no power to the fuel pump plug. Here is what I have determined so far: In dealer mode, there are no codes (although the dash shows CHEC). With no codes, I’m thinking the TO and Kickstand switches are OK. I have a full battery charge. The fuel pump relay checks out. The fuel pump fuse is OK. There is power to and from the relay. and power to the ecm. There is continuity between the relay and the ecm and from the ecm to the fuel pump. So I have tried another ecm. Bottom line, there is power to the ecm but no power out at the ecm plug. So there must be another interlock in the ecm that I haven't checked yet. Any ideas?

How about the main RH switchblock kill switch?
You said the 'CHEC' is showing on the dash, when the kill switch is switch to 'off', the 'CHEC' appears and the fuel pump does NOT run until that kill switch is switched to 'RUN'.
Just a thought . . . ?

I assume that the kill switch is called a stop switch on the wiring diagram. If so that seems OK. Will the engine crank if there is a problem there? My engine turns over OK.

Like kiwi said, kill switch will cause a “CHEC” on the dash, as well as, the kickstand being down and bike in gear. One thing I find odd, is the bike cranking with a check on the dash. Mine won’t crank with a “CHEC” on the dash, but I have 2009 (gen2).

Back