No power to fuel pump

50Bait

Registered
I have an 03 Hayabusa and it has been in the trailer for about 4 weeks since it was last started. I removed the battery, charged it up and tried to start. I noticed that the fuel pump was not making its usual noise but the motor turned over fine. Checked all wiring, battery and harness to tank and all looks good. Unplugged the harness from the fuel pump and no power to the pump with the key on. I've checked all the fuses and none are blown. Anybody have any ideas? I would really appreciate it... :please:

Thanks a bunch, I'll give it a try. I have the online manual, I'll dig thru it and see how it's done. Thanks again.

OK, i've purchased a fuel pump relay switch and a new tip over sensor, installed them and still have the same problem. after installing the relay first I noticed that the FI was flashing. I checked the code and it shows C41. I still installed the new tip over senson just hoping that it would magically fix the problem but, it's a no go! Now what? C41 says fuel pump relay or fuel pump but I dont want to but a $560.00 fuel pump only to realize that it's not the problem. Thanks in advance for the help.

Take a meter and check the leads right at the pump.
Before you go get a pump, make sure the leads are getting current and that the connectors looks good...try some conatct cleaner on both sides of it if them and see if that works.
Good luck!

I dumped my Gen I manuals when I got the Gen II. I believe if you look at the schematics you'll see several interlocks that can hold you out. I know; I'm useless :laugh:

Whew! I think I've figured it out. I removed my ECM box and installed it on a friend of mines 05 Busa and it caused his to have the same symptoms.... Sweet!!! I never thought I'd be happy :rofl: to see someone elses Busa broke but this time I am. Talked to the local shop and the OEM replacement is a whopping $1,380.00!!!! He said he's got a salvage yard he deals with and can get me one really cheap. If not, there's always E-bay.... Thanks for all the ideas and help on this issue. :cheerleader:

OK, well it's been awile but here's what's gone on so far. I purchased the used ECM box, installed it and it cleared all the error codes but guess what, the fuel pump still will not come on! So I've purchased a used fuel pump and it will be here tomorrow so, we'll see if the original code was correct when it said fuel pump. Just trying to finish up the thread in case somebody else comes across this same issue.

same here my brothers 05 busa wont kick the fuel pump on but it turns on when u bypass the relay so the pump has power constent. tried his ecu on mine and same problem but mine is a 2001. then tried my ecu on his and the pump turns on by its self like it should (we do not atempt to start the bikes with the differnt ecus because they will back fire)oh he just put on the engine harness they told him it was off an 05 but it looks exactly like mine is there a differnce

Back