My Busa Will Not Start!! Ideas?!

Exactly!

It's the car alternator that will kill your motorcycle battery. Those tiny batteries don't like to be force fed 100amps @ 14.3v's. But with the car off you are fine.:thumbsup:

+1, not a problem jumping from a 12V car battery. I have had to do it a couple of times because I turned the switch to the parking light and left it on all day and again when I let the bike sit for 3 weeks with the scorpion alarm set to full tilt and it drained the battery. Have done with a couple of my HD's over the years and as a matter of fact did it once with a 6V dry cell from a campers lantern to my old XLCH Sportster, just needed enough juice to jump the points when I kicked it through and then turn the generator. Sometimes you just have to get inventive.

PS

I have even done it with the car running because the battery was DOUBLE DEAD! The system will only draw as much juice as it needs but sometimes you have to run juice into the battery before you can get it to crank.

Last edited:
It turns out to be a faulty clutch switch, my buddy found it in less than two minutes after getting to my house!! I feel so stupid it was that simple, he jumped the two wires together and she started right up! He rigged it so I could start it until I can replace the switch. THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This is all good stuff to add to the mental tool box for trouble shooting!

:thumbsup:

Thanks again everyone!! I have a question, another buddy of mine tells me that the bike isn't running on full power because the ECU thinks the clutch lever is pulled in due to the clutch switch being rigged. Is this true? I plan to buy another clutch switch anyway but I was just wondering. He said he read it somewhere!

My 2009 Hayabusa is not starting. It wont even try to crank.
I have changed the battery but still there is nothing. Now lights are bright and the horn sounds strong and loud. I can hear the fuel pump prime and the guage needles move up and back down like normal.

I tried to push it and start it and it worked so I assume there is no mechanical problem. Maybe it is electrical.

I donno if water could be the reason and accordingly what is the solution, coz it was under the rain for around 2 days. Would appreciate any idea to help me start it.

Thanks a Million.

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. So I rode my golden lady this Friday and today she will not start , I mean no lights no noise no nothing.. I even bought a new battery and installed it . still nothing, Has tbis happened to anyone if so can you provide a solution or advise

Back