Great weather and now my busa won't start! Did I anger the busa Gods?

Chango

Registered
Well finally got her stretch and lowered and down one tooth in the front. Weather is now breaking and i jump on my 2006 busa and turn the key gauges go up and down. Hit the red switch and I don't hear the fuel pump charge. Ok maybe I missed it. Well I go to hit the starter and no cranks at all. Brand new battery and she responds when I turn the key. What do you guys think were do I start? PLease let it be cheap and simple! Any help or advise would be greatly apprecieated!

Check every fuse, check to see if it's in N with kick stand down. Are you using a power comander or Bazzaz, if so check the line where it gets power from. Best of luck bro.

Make sure the battery is 100% charged, even tho it's new generally that around 60% charged, the busas like to have a completely charged battery.

Also check fuses on the starter relay and make sure neither are blown. Maybe while switching battery you pulled a ground wire to hard and lost contact.

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick response you guys are great!
Where would the fuse box be located? I took the seat off and looked through the entire tail peace.
Maybe i can get some saddle time in!

fuses are under the front left dash panel. If you remove the one that is by your left hand that curves up to the shape of the windscreen, you'll see it in there.

The other fuse on the starter relay is inside the tail on the left side. You may be able to access it by just having the seat removed, I can't remember. Follow the wire from your positive battery terminal.. it will take you right to the relay.

Im embarrassed to admit it. I had the damn thing in gear and she refused to start even with the clutch pulled. My bike guy rolled up and boom started right up! Lol .org thanks for your help. Sorry about the moment of stupidity. Thanks again!

My 09 died at a red light, I was in 1st gear with clutch pulled in, tried to re-start, nothing dead. Guy behind me stayed on the horn. So I went to put in neutral to push, tried again just to see, cranked right up. I thought our bikes would start in 1st gear with clutch pulled in. Never happened again.

Thanks for the quick response you guys are great!
Where would the fuse box be located? I took the seat off and looked through the entire tail peace.
Maybe i can get some saddle time in!

Before you tear the bike apart how about making absolutely sure that the battery is fully charged and good

Just bought the battery this month and I keep the bike on a trickle when not riding so my alarm doesn't drain it. So I felt sure the battery wasn't going to be the issue. Thats why I was worried. Thank God it was a moment of stupidity.

Back