My busa won't start :(

Earthdog

Registered
Hi All!

I own a 2003 busa. the day before yesterday as i was returning home i suddenly noticed that my instrument panel was dead! Nothing , no needles no turning signals nothing. the bike was running as normal and i did not notice something strange. As i arrived home and switched her off , i checked if she was able to start again. It was ok but still the instruments were dead.

Today i tried to start her up but nothing happened. When i turned the key i had the normal electric start up except the panel with the instruments.

What can be wrong?

Thanks....

Def. sounds like something electrical going on. Did you check the kill switch ? Good luck, keep us posted. Some of the other guys with more expierence will chime in soon.

beerchug.gif

Hi all!

Thanks for the responses...

I couldn't check the plug behind the instruments, but i suppose that even without the panel she should start eh?

Then i checked the Fuses and they are ok.

The starter i don't think that has a problem because when i turn it on it does what it should do. The moment that i press the ignition i just hear a 'click" sound and no starting of the motor....

The "click" indicates low voltage. Check battery (load Test) and battery cables at the battery terminals for corrosion.
Electrical gremlins can be hard to find. Good luck!

pull the nose off (only will take about 10min,3 fairing bolts on either side,mirrors,windscreen,upper dash panel and 6 rivits under the nose and she'll come right off) and ck the plug and look for loose connection,something that may be shorting out the battery.

I just had a problem where the same thing happened although I have a new battery and new stator. It turns out I had a short at Molenex connector for the rectifier. The short was "probably caused by a vibration at the connection." No juice was getting from the rectifier (DC) back to the battery. Check out your rectifier connection (clutch side behind rear panel). Make sure to use liberal amounts dielectric gel at all connections.

Back