my busa out in the rain :/

scooterlord

Registered
hello, first post here, got my haya 5 days ago. when i first came to live where i am, there was a small shelter which i used to put my previous bike (a '99 cbr 600) underneath. it was built though, so i kept my bike in the rain. i got a coat for the cbr that also fits the haya, but i am afraid i might scratch my new baby.
sad.gif
first day it rained today and my baby is out there getting wet. is it VERY harmful? what do u suggest? i've seen a nice portable shelter for bikes online but too expensive for me atm (run outta money to get the haya-01 silver-blue btw)...

what do u ppl suggest? anyone else having the same problem? plus, can you put a coat over your bike when it's already wet?

anxiously expecting your answers!
smile.gif

my baby is this one:

hayabusa3.JPG

Welcome to the board and congrats on the Busa

Uhh hmm well this topic was covered a while back.. Some guys park theirs in the living room, others in the bedroom. If I were single and I had no other place to park than in my house.. guess where it would go? in my house.. actually when I was single and I had my older motorcycle, it did often stay in the apartment.

If parking it in the house is not an option, then i would get some kind of enclose small shed that it would fit into..

Just me personally..

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074729727 -->

mines been wet no problems.but get your butt outside and cover the thing .makes you feel a whole lot better knowing somethings on it.ps riding in rain makes clutch fluid dirty.

although no one likes to see there bike in the rain it will not hurt it any more then washing it i would cover it but not when its wet and never let water stand on it if it stops raining i would deffinatly wipe it with a chamois or soft coton towel this is the first bike i ever had a garage for and used to let my old ones in the rain for days on end That is unless greece has an acid rain problem then id say your in need of shelter for sure

http://www.cycleshell.com/
I have one (largest size). Shipped to my house flat-packed. It's been two years so far and it's holding up great. All kinds of weather -- high winds, accumulated snow, rain, etc.

The shell is nicer than a cover because it doesn't stick to the bike, protects it from blown debris, and reduces the bike's visiblility quite a bit.

A nice cover, such as a GezaGear, however, is portable so you can cover it when you travel. Me? I have both
wink.gif

Oh, and for chrissake -- YOUR BUSA WON'T BLOODY WELL MELT if you leave it outside for a few days. You should see the conditions I RIDE IT in, for that matter
blues.gif

I agree with mcoyote, The bike wont melt and you should take a ride in the rain sometime... It makes for an interesting day.

Oh just another couple hundred miles either way... so what do you do
wink.gif

Rubbermaid has small enclosed storage boxes. A friend keeps his cycle in it w/ no problems yet. Now you can keep your bike in the same thing you keep your food in.
laugh.gif
As for me, this is the ONLY option.
idea.gif

Home.jpg

well, i am riding in the rain quite often, once i did a 400km trip while it was pouring on my cbr doing 250kph+... i actually love riding in the rain, just for it to be sitting and getting wet for hours... :/

oh, and yeah, i knew about cyclecell thingie, but mentioned i am outta money. plus, my bike isn't let out in the pavement (for the fear of getting stolen) it enters in a small inner yard so no fear for that, only it gets wet..
sad.gif

Get out there man and lay across the top of that bike! If you can't cover it all, get friends and family to stand around and work it so they cover any exposed areas! Especially if it is snowing, sleeting, hurricane, tornado, etc!!! And for crying out loud, do not! Do not let a bird poop on it! Ever! LOL!!!
biggrin.gif

Cover it with something or put it indoors. Water is not the big problem unless you have acidic rain but ultraviolet radiation from the sun is, even in winter. Any bike regularly left in the weather will begin to oxidize and fade. The plastic, paint, and metal surfaces all will suffer quickly.

Yes it will not melt and letting it get wet is ok but don't do it all the time or your bike will deteriate much more rapidly then if it was covered or stored indoors. Covers are relatively cheap, get one as soon as possible if you cannot find other shelter.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074791887 -->

i have a cover, but my bike was already wet. would it do any nice if i covered it? i mean, it's wet! if it's wet and covered isn't that worse?

plus, i am afraid of scratching it. i know i know, covers are made NOT to scratch the bike, but i am afraid anyway...

Rubbermaid has small enclosed storage boxes. A friend keeps his cycle in it w/ no problems yet. Now you can keep your bike in the same thing you keep your food in.  
laugh.gif
idea.gif
hey grabntwist, i see you have a disk lock on your bike. is the crime rate so bad there that people will actually break into your house to still the busa
guns.gif
?? that has to suck man
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
idea.gif
hey grabntwist, i see you have a disk lock on your bike. is the crime rate so bad there that people will actually break into your house to still the busa
guns.gif
?? that has to suck man
biggrin.gif
Hey Smoke, The disc lock is for security away from home. Actually you'd be surprised there is rarely any theft or crime where I live. Kinda like the "deep south of the north"
laugh.gif
Its Harley Country where I live and no one would want the Busa here. I'm just into that "Fort Knox" look when It comes to my ride. You see what I'm tryin' to say now.

laugh.gif

Back