rain gear

john32303

Registered
i was thinking about getting some rain gear since i will be using my bike more and more and living in florida u never know when its gonna rain. anyone have any suggestions or ever used any?

thanks

I have a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic pants. They are great until the rain pools up between the tank and my legs and then the water goes thru the velcro and the zipper. Talk about a wake up call in a hard cold rain. Other than that they are great. I just don't always remember to keep moving to let the water drain.

For rain gloves I just bought a cheap pair of leather gloves from the discount bin at my bike shop. They had a pretty big gauntlet on them. I took them home and water proofed the heck out of em with Nik Wax. They work perfect and I don't care if the water damages them because they were so cheap. Remember to put your jacket sleeves over your gloves to keep the water out.

This post is right on time since I just got soaked on my ride home. Who has some good input on rain gear? Nylon vs. Rubber, good brands, success stories.....
thumb_up.gif

I commute and tour. Aerostich.com I can get hot. Ive worn it in Central Texas, SoCal and Panhandle Florida while commuting. Its fine if your moving. I have a ton of gear. A few leather jackets, mesh; plus the pants. if weather is a queston, the stich is worn. Given the variables of touring, I cant leave home with out the Stich. Its too versatile. If I can only have one, it would only be the stich. On the other hand, I have a lot, and I still choose the stich.

Getting off your bike to put on rain gear is not riding. its putting on your gear. Ride to live not live to [put on rain gear].

I read a quote here or at ADVrider.com "Theres no bad riding weather, just bad riding gear." I agree. Beemer riders and touring folks tend to be gear freaks. Check out sport-touring.net and advrider.com and search "aerostich". Hundreds of reviews on rain gear and the stich over there!

BMW Motorrad makes the best of the best.

I have one suit (unused, still with tags), but borrowed a friend's suit a couple of years ago (which is why I bought one) and stayed completely dry, warm, comfy.

Highest marks.

I carry Frogg Toggs with me, and put it on over my gear. Great stuff, stays completely dry underneath. Packs up tights afterwards. Have used in Florida rains for years, without any issues.

+1 on the Frogg Toggs. I have some that I use to wear hunting and fishing that work perfect for over the leathers. Since they are cammo, no one can see me.
cool.gif

Back