my bikeeee!

owens231

Registered
is running VERY hot!

And i dont know why...

I went out this morning and looking on the floor and there was a leak in the middle of the bike, its not fuel but i think its oil im not really sure as im not a mechanic...

Is the fluid in the bike not cooling it, its running near the red line, and usally it runs very cold! and the weathers terrible still!

HELP!

What do i need to buy? and where do i put it?

For My Aprilia Rs50... selling it in 2 weeks so i dont want stuff to start going wrong now!

Thanks

Getting out the owners manual is the first step.

secondly, peek through the oil level window or pull the dipstick, whichever the bike has, and check the oil. If you're low, add some...

Last edited:
Isn't there a special "repair" book for "Owens Bikes" ??

Just the one he owns....Aprilia. :laugh:

Seriously Owens....try that Aprilia forum, they'll be much more helpful since they own the same bike as you.

Last edited:
Show us a pic of the Bike and the spill, or just the bike, or just the spill. ANYTHING

its okay, i have found out what it is from a earlyer post on aprilia forum...

Just need to poor coolaint and water down the pipe near the speedo and all is well :)

just dont do it when the bikes hot or when u take the cap off, it will BURN :)

i hope this keeps it call as i dont want to run it near the red again...

all it was, was not enough liquid in the cooliant thing...

I just filled it up with water, bikes idling at a really low heat now... :)

I dont know what it will be like pulling up a hill at 50mph at 9,500rpm, i'll find out 2nite

all it was, was not enough liquid in the cooliant thing...

I just filled it up with water, bikes idling at a really low heat now... :)

I dont know what it will be like pulling up a hill at 50mph at 9,500rpm, i'll find out 2nite
You have a lot of learning to do in your quest to own and maintain every bike out there. Using water only in your coolant system is not a wise idea in a cold climate. Water freezes at 0c or 32f. From everything you've said, at least the parts I believe so far, the bike sits in a garage and it's been pretty cold there lately. If your coolant system is composed primarily of water and the temp drops below freezing and stays there, you could end up with a busted radiator, freeze plugs popped out of the block, etc. You'd better get some real coolant added. Flush the water out and put a 50/50 mix of ethyl-glycol/water anti-freeze before you have a repair bill you can't afford.

Omg thanks jds busa!!!!!

im going to do the 50/50 mix tomorrow, only thing is, it was empty and i could only fit about a cup full of liquid in there :S

I went out today, the bike broke down, something to do with the gearbox the mechanic said, it was starting and stopping sort of jumping and made a VERY loud clicking sound...

But with the clutch in, it rolled and gets in gear. I hope it is the gear box as i can get a new 1 for 70 pounds... Not a bad repair :)

Your bike is a two stroke with an auto oiler... Sure that oil stuff wasn't trans fluid? I'm thinking you would have noticed steam hissing out of your radiator particuarly on a cool day. Leaks in radiator don't go away. Have you ever added oil to the resevoir?

Dude! Where's the pics of your other bikes? Ones you claim to own here,but claim not to on other website forums!

I all honesty you have most likely worn your 9yr old moped to the ground and it's falling apart on you. You obvious lack of simple maintenance only compounds the issues. Maybe if you get out of your Fantasy world and into reality,you might actually learn a thing or two to prevent issues.

Back