cant rev past 8500rpms in cold weather

FRacing1300

Registered
so im very new to posting so please forgive any mistakes made...so i have an 05 busa and the issue started after i had a bike shop put water wetter in my bike. and in hot sumer weather the bike is running cool but runs perfect but when it is cold out i cant rev past 8500rpms and blue flames are coming out my pipe...not sure if its a fuel issue or maybe the shop knocked a vacum line or just a suck open themostat?

any info or suggestions will help.:please:

im planning on doing some motor mods and adding nitrous soon but didnt want to continue without fixing this issue first.

I was going to suggest to tell the shop to not use water wetter in the gas tank but that would sound like a smart a**:laugh::rofl:

Coolant type seemingly has nothing to do with the problem you are describing. However, the fact that the shop worked on the bike may have something to do. Or, this could be a pure coincidence.

I would first contact the shop and explain the issue, and ask them if there was a chance they could accidentally unplug something. After all, the issue started after the shop had the bike. Frankly, changing a coolant involves taking both fairings off, and removing the coolant hose on the left bottom to drain the old coolant, and then putting it back, and then opening the radiator cap on the right, and putting a new one in. Maybe flushing with something.

If the shop does not want anything to do with that (which is very likely), just take the fairings off, lift the tank and take a close look with a flashlight. Maybe you notice something obvious.

If it's fueled related, this could be a number of things.

When was the last time you looked at the sparkplugs? If they are not firing consistently, unburned fuel may travel into the exhaust and burn there producing an occasional flame.

Do you see FI light, and if so what are the codes from ECU?

Your from FL., so what is COLD to you. And how does the bike run at higher temps. Strange if it's OK at 75 F but not at 70 F. :beerchug:

Back