My 70 Year Old Father left on his 4 month Bike ride today

That is just amazing. It just goes to show that you need to stay in shape if you are planning to enjoy life in the later years. I pray he has a safe trip and has a great time.

OK I read the blog. I think I love your father more than my father. I am in awe of his adventure. I doubt I could do it and I am a youngster......ish.

Wow!!!

Wish I was on retirement. That will be such a great experience for him, my best and safe wishes to him.

Here is the update EMail my dad sent out to all of us family types last night.

Spent most of the day getting my bike together and repacking spares and tools. It looks as though it will all fit. Having the SAG wagon to haul stuff is a blessing. We were supposed to have two SAG wagons, one towing a trailer and one without so it could more easily keep up with the bikes. No longer the case. Now both have trailers, one of which is huge.
Why two trailers? There are now FIFTEEN BIKES!!!!! Way too many for my taste. I can't help thinking that Compass Expeditions got a bid greedy and over booked the ride. We are going to look like Cox's Army riding into some sleepy village in East Bum Fork Uzbekistan. Oh well, it is what it is and I'm sure it will still be fun.
Most of the riders went across the street to the pub for supper so I joined them. After supper they stayed for "a pint" and asked me to join them. Two beers and four hours later I'm finally back in my room! But I did make some connections with a couple of guys who seem to be on my same wavelength. It's funny how quickly big groups polarize, even if it is just a bit.
All of the bikes are now here at the hotel. One poor bloke is stuck at home waiting on his passport. You can loose your bike, your clothes, your credit card and still get by but without a passport you don't go anywhere. Branden managed to get his bike in one of the trailers so the guy will be able to join us somewhere down the road. Bummer for him.
Since the Goose is the only KTM it is getting lots of attention.

Well, it's almost midnight here so I'm going to hit the sack. More tomorrow
-D

so cool! :thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

Props to your father, I wish him a save and wonderful journey.

Would you mind if I reposted that link on Facebook? I'm sure some of the people in our group would get a kick out of that trip.

so cool! :thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

Props to your father, I wish him a save and wonderful journey.

Would you mind if I reposted that link on Facebook? I'm sure some of the people in our group would get a kick out of that trip.

Go for it Ken. And take the links from my first post also if you like. His SPOT won't start tracking until Sunday when the REAL ride starts but you can follow them on that link.

They are on the move. It is cool to see the route they have taken so far.

Click on the SPOT Tracking link in my first post and you can see where they are and where they have been.

Enjoy. This is going to take 4 months to complete.

Not everyone has the balls or determination to do what they want in life. Your dad is doing what he has wanted to do for years. Congrats to him. Here`s to a sucessful trip. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is wonderful that he is with a group!!! Making a few buddies will make the trip alot more fun for him too. WTG!! :thumbsup:

My dad has had a dream for 50 years to ride a motorcycle around the world. He has rode his Harley all over the US.

Today he got on a plane bound for London England to start his 4 month 18,000 mile trip across to Siberia.

You can read the blog update of what he is riding and what has been done to it for this trip at our website.
[url]www.3brpowersports.com/blog[/URL]

You can follow his trip once it starts in a few days at this link
SPOT Tracking Map

And to see the entire planned route check this link.
LHR2GDX London to Magadan Ride

I am so happy for him but say prayers that he makes it safe. I mean how cool is it to be 70 and take off on a trip like this.
Good luck Dad and have fun. Prayers are with you.:beerchug:

Lifes a *****... When you were a kid did you ever think you'd be envious of anything "COOL" your father would be doing ??? Good for him - I'm jealous... Damn baby boomers - worked hard stayed healthy and liv'in life to the fullest!!!

This is awesome, good for him. It will be fun following his trip. Thanks for posting the links!

So my dad has made it through England, France and is now in Switzerland. It is so cool to see where he has been and where he is at.

Use the "Spot" link in my first post if you would like to see his journey.

Safe travels Pops!

Back