My 70 Year Old Father left on his 4 month Bike ride today

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
My dad has had a dream for 50 years to ride a motorcycle around the world. He has rode his Harley all over the US.

Today he got on a plane bound for London England to start his 4 month 18,000 mile trip across to Siberia.

You can read the blog update of what he is riding and what has been done to it for this trip at our website.
[url]www.3brpowersports.com/blog[/URL]

You can follow his trip once it starts in a few days at this link
SPOT Tracking Map

And to see the entire planned route check this link.
LHR2GDX London to Magadan Ride

I am so happy for him but say prayers that he makes it safe. I mean how cool is it to be 70 and take off on a trip like this.
Good luck Dad and have fun. Prayers are with you.:beerchug:

Oh how awesome is this? Very cool bro, will be watching for sure. There was a guy on Katriders who rode his Katana to the tip of South America and back. An amazing journey for sure.

:beerchug: Very Cool. I wish to do this one day as well.

I wish him a safe and fun ride.........

thats awesome have you ever seen the documentary the long way round with ewan mcgreggor that was awesome im jealous hes getting to live it out

OMG!!! How awesome!!!! We will definitly be keeping him in our prayers!! Can't wait to read his blog!

Hope all goes great on his trip! :thumbsup:

BTW anyone know what ever happened to the one guy who was 80(I think) that left on bike to travel the world?

Wow, simply awesome, :bowdown: the best of luck for your dad, our prayers go with it ..

I hope to do a trip like this someday

Wow that's awesome. What an adventure!
Any reason he didn't use a Busa and chose a Harley?
Not bashin just asking.

Damn Kevin, you come from good blood line dude!

I wish your ole man well. Keep us posted on his progress.

So Very Very Very Cool of him to do this.

I'm not clear if he is shipping his bike over or buying one over there?

Then, is he also planning on doing Africa etc. or is he simply crossing the globe?

So Very Very Very Cool of him to do this.

I'm not clear if he is shipping his bike over or buying one over there?

Then, is he also planning on doing Africa etc. or is he simply crossing the globe?

Click on the blog link and it explains all of it.

He is Riding a KTM 990 Dakkar on this trip that he has FARKLED all out. Bike is now worth probably close to $40K.

Yes Tuff, I come from some good blood his father lived to the age of 95 and lived at home alone until 6 mobths before he passed. AND he road on the back of my Harley for a 4 day trip through the Rockies at 93. SO I look at it this way at my current age I am not even Half dead yet. :laugh:

Back